Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Adjustable front A arms

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  CRZ_for_me 
#1 ·
With pillow balls.

Moonface Front Rollcenter Adjuster Arm CR-Z

This Is an offering from a new vendor, KamiSpeed. I'm pretty set on springs but these require coilovers.

You guys running coilovers, what do you think of these? Will you get them? The only car I've had coilovers on was my STi and it already had bad ass A arms. So I never upgraded them.

Any other thoughts are welcome.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Cusco is making some pretty good coilovers with external reservoirs:
-Competition Zero-3X (I can get you pricing if you are interested)

M&M also came out with Coilovers they tuned from Ohlin shocks
-I can get pricing if you are interested
M&M Honda and the CR-Z

Also for everyone else,

I updated the prices a bit for the moonface products on my thread
moonface threadl
I also added the front adjustable stabilizer links, once again all of the moonface products are special order but the more people I get the more discount I can give.

#8 ·
It is well known that McPherson strut style suspensions don't respond well to lowering. This topic has been pretty thoroughly discussed over on clubrsx.com and clubep3.com. I'm a bit surprised that there isn't as much "technical" suspension discussion....but whatever.

For those that don't know, significantly lowering a car with McPherson struts actually raises the roll center of the car and drastically reduces handling. Exactly "how low is too low" is unknown (at least to me) on the CRZ and Fit (<-- identical chassis BTW)...I've yet to see anyone perform the calculations. A safe drop would be less than 1".

I only bring this up in this thread b/c roll center adjusters are only meant for cars lowered beyond 1" (or whatever drop results in flatening of the front lower control arms). Think of RCA (roll center adjusters) as a band-aid for the bump steer that results from lowering the car too much.

#10 ·
BND, you and i are on the same page. i am not one to "slam" a car. i always shoot for getting the CA's level and that's all. our US spec cars can afford a moderate drop, 3/4" to 1" should get the CA's level. i have the swift springs on order and plan to measure the drop. it's advertised as 1" - 1.2" drop.

i have done the roll center adjusters on other cars, not really necessary unless you "slam" the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.