Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Iv tried finding some clear anwsers regarding adding cruise control to a UK base spec car. However not really finding out much, has anyone replace the steering wheel with one with the cruise button and had any success or is there other missing wiring etc ?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if the programming is there. Or where the programming is missing.

The buttons on the steering wheel communicate with the gauge cluster. From there the cluster puts the cruise commands on F-CAN for the PCM to receive and activate. The PCM then sends back a cruise active message on F-CAN to illuminate the cruise light in the gauge cluster.

Might be just a steering wheel and clock spring with the buttons. Might also be the cluster and PCM.

Found this, looks like adding the buttons and wires is all that is required.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I wonder if the programming is there. Or where the programming is missing.

The buttons on the steering wheel communicate with the gauge cluster. From there the cluster puts the cruise commands on F-CAN for the PCM to receive and activate. The PCM then sends back a cruise active message on F-CAN to illuminate the cruise light in the gauge cluster.

Might be just a steering wheel and clock spring with the buttons. Might also be the cluster and PCM.
Yh this is what I was unsure of if just the clock spring and wheel needed as you can see the cruise light on the dashboard however might just have been left as a cost cutting, I wondered if anyone else had attempted it and had some insight. I had seen about the Japanese one however, I believe there to be the clutch switch present as UK manual is press to start on a button with the clutch down, I think its just a regular key start else where in the world.

·
Premium Member
7,971 Posts
That posting mentions a few other parts(Brake switch?) but I believe it lists all parts needed. Definitely read that whole thread, that member was successful. Good luck and let us know if you were successful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts