Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pictures of the pre-production car looked great. Everything I read said it would have all of the options I really want. Alas, the F&#@%n bean counters have won.

In the UK, you can get a CR-Z w/ these options.

Honda CR-Z Hybrid | Book Test Drive | Specification, Finance & Information

Standard Fittings for the GT version

· Leather upholstery
· Panoramic glass roof
· Heated front seats
· HID xenon headlights
· Front fog lights
· Hands Free Telephone
· Auto headlights
· Auto wipers

Options:

· CR-Z Glow Pack
· Advanced Navi Model

The LED day-time-running lights in the headlight bezels aren't on the US car either.

WHY can't we get them here in the US? :angry: Are they holding these for the Si version next year . . .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oooo, an SI version next year... maybe I'll wait for that! Nah... I need this car now. But I do agree, what's up with cars being dumbed down for us? Is it a difference in our economy? Would this car be more expensive (I bet it would) with leather seats and a panoramic glass roof.

·
Registered
20 Posts
EX has fog lights, bluetooth, HID with auto on/off..I would have liked leather, glass roof though...I think they felt the need to keep the price low to compete in the hybrid market (as well as with other cars like the Mini) in the US...I would have liked a back up camera with the nav too...and while we are dreaming, a "sport" button on the steering wheel that puts you right in sport mode for 30 or 60 seconds to pass, then reverts back to whatever mode you were in...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not buying one until the panoramic roof is a US option . . . I have one in my current car and I LOVE it. I was willing to pay the extra $,$$$ for all of the above options factory installed. Why not simply build 1 global car . . . it would be cheaper in the long run. I'm confused why they didn't take that into account?

Other than the panoramic roof, all the other stuff can be added after market.

Wonder if I can import one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
They did it to save money. American car buyers expect cars to be a lot cheaper, and so Honda had to remove options. VW does the same things.

For a comparison, getting all those features on a CRZ in the UK will run you 34k. So, are those features worth ten grand?

·
Registered
32 Posts
They did it to save money. American car buyers expect cars to be a lot cheaper, and so Honda had to remove options. VW does the same things.

For a comparison, getting all those features on a CRZ in the UK will run you 34k. So, are those features worth ten grand?
34K Would have been too much for the car. But they should have offered a GT version or something where if people wanted to pony up they could have. I also would have loved if they had red leather seats. White with Red would have looked money.

·
Registered
522 Posts

yes it would have been pricey. but we're not saying to make all these features standard.... but they should at the very least be available as options we can elect to add on (and pay for...) if we so desire. the fact that it's not even offered (at any price) in some markets, but not others, is b*llsh*t. i feel like im being discriminated against lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Trenta why did you get 34K from and do you mean GBP or USD?

list price is less than 23K GBP and I just got a CR-Z GT with Nav for 21k GBP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.