Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used any of the available accelerometers? K.A.T , G-Tech, etc...

Thinking about picking one up...

how about the accelerometer app for the Ipod Touch / Iphone... worthwhile?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dynolicious.app

I used the Dynolicious app on my iPhone. Not sure how accurate it is. I felt fast!

[/IMG]

That reminds me I have to get out there and try a few runs this weekend now that the weather is cooler, should be better times.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Anyone used any of the available accelerometers? K.A.T , G-Tech, etc...

Thinking about picking one up...

how about the accelerometer app for the Ipod Touch / Iphone... worthwhile?
Funny you should mention this.

I have a GTech Pro and am selling it.

GTech Pro

Now to answer your question:

No. It is not worth it.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny you should mention this.

I have a GTech Pro and am selling it.

GTech Pro

Now to answer your question:

No. It is not worth it.
Dude!!! You are a TERRIBLE Salesman!:rolleyes: :pP: had me all ready to buy, and then you blew it! :blush:

Thanks for being honest! :thumbsup: I read some reviews on the G-Techs, where they are not built very well.... I will have to pass.

I am curious what you dont like about it, though? :popcorn:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Try the iPhone app. Rev Lite. I use the full version of Rev with a PLX Kiwi which is a wireless relay for OBDII data. Rev has accelerometers to measure G-force etc. I personally don't use it for that. With the full version you can see real time data on intake air temp, air/fuel, engine load, and it goes on and on. I have it installed on my Jeep JK which is supercharged. It was a real life saver on the last trip to the mountains and it even resets OBDII codes.

Oh and the price is right for Rev Lite, it's free. The full version will record full race course data for lateral acceleration and map out your course. I think the lite version works the same it just does not do the OBDII relay.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try the iPhone app. Rev Lite. I use the full version of Rev with a PLX Kiwi which is a wireless relay for OBDII data. Rev has accelerometers to measure G-force etc. I personally don't use it for that. With the full version you can see real time data on intake air temp, air/fuel, engine load, and it goes on and on. I have it installed on my Jeep JK which is supercharged. It was a real life saver on the last trip to the mountains and it even resets OBDII codes.

Oh and the price is right for Rev Lite, it's free. The full version will record full race course data for lateral acceleration and map out your course. I think the lite version works the same it just does not do the OBDII relay.
I dont have an Iphone, but do have a 4th gen Ipod Touch that should do the trick! Thanks for the info... will check it out!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used the Dynolicious app on my iPhone. Not sure how accurate it is. I felt fast!

[/IMG]

That reminds me I have to get out there and try a few runs this weekend now that the weather is cooler, should be better times.
Thanks for the info! I had checked this out online although I havent installed it yet. I am actually more interested in lateral G-forces... as well as this type of stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.