Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
I can put two cents in this. I recently worked on my 97 Civic DX and the AC clutch was working intermittently. I removed the clutch using a clutch pulling tool. Cleaned all the surface rust and removed the shim. The compressor is working and engaging again. This shim removing method seems to work on other Hondas as well.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Any conclusions I'm having the same problem
You need this thread:

Read the entire thing.. or mostly, starting on page 2 when I start talking about the resolution to most peoples AC issues.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Just want to chime in and say I’m having trouble with mine as well 2011
Yup.. everyone will eventually. ;) Once the gap between the clutch plate / coil becomes too large, they all stop working! How many miles on your car? It usually seems to happen somewhere around 150-180k. Sometimes less.

·
Registered
199 Posts
14,895 miles and my AC is not blowing cold, I am going to remove the shim and see if that solves the issue.

·
Registered
599 Posts
14,895 miles and my AC is not blowing cold, I am going to remove the shim and see if that solves the issue.
Not cold at all ? I am assuming you know that AC stops blowing cold when the car is in autostop.... just saying but 15k miles is way too young for the AC to go out

·
Registered
199 Posts
The car was so hot on Monday that my cell phone suctioning cup melted. I am aware of the auto stop with the AC in stop and go traffic. I was in the highway, tried all different options, in park you can feel the AC engaged when switched on. It would cool but very warm.

·
Registered
599 Posts
The car was so hot on Monday that my cell phone suctioning cup melted. I am aware of the auto stop with the AC in stop and go traffic. I was in the highway, tried all different options, in park you can feel the AC engaged when switched on. It would cool but very warm.
I see. And you have the AC in Auto mode at “Lo” temperature ?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Tried the Auto Mode on LO today and still no change.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
429 Posts
If you say you can feel the compressor kick in, it may not be low charge. Still worth checking, though. You can rent AC manifold gauges at Autozone for free (there is like a $130 deposit, but you get it back).

·
Super Moderator
6,308 Posts
Another member here recently replaced the low pressure switch and did not have to evacuate the system to do it. Need to determine by using the built in diagnostics and some smarts and figure out what if anything is not working.

I find the AC in my CR-Z to be minimal at best and most of the time in Auto it is in Recirc and my Recirc light is on even when AC is off but it comes on when in Auto stop.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Before trying the shim removal, I would suggest having the AC refrigerant level / vacuum check. Let us know if you figure out
I am due for an oil change at the dealership and I would have them check it out, how do you do the diagnostic check with a push to start?

·
Super Moderator
6,308 Posts
is yours a 2016? if so then there maybe a different process but other years we have been pointed to this youtube link

101 - 120 of 155 Posts