Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 CR-Z EX 6-Speed. My defroster button is broken and no longer presses in to turn on. I bought a new unit off of eBay but I think it’s from an earlier model. They look exactly the same. The pins and connectors look the same as well. Are they cross compatible? The part number for mine is A43-NH806L and the unit I purchased is A41-B179L.

I have it out of the car right now and I’m questioning whether I should try swapping the unit I bought in or not. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Here are some pics.

Bumper Musical instrument accessory Automotive exterior Gadget Machine

Musical instrument accessory Electronic instrument Camera accessory Bumper Audio equipment

Reflex camera Camera lens Digital camera Point-and-shoot camera Camera accessory

·
Administrator
7,679 Posts
From all the other reading I have done on this site I presume they are the same.There was no change in the AC between all the years except maybe the bastard step child 2016. I searched by both part numbers on Genuine OEM Honda Parts and Accessories Online - Honda Parts Now and neither shows for 2015 or any other year but you have both in your hands so what have you got to lose by putting the new one in?

When I Google search both part numbers show up for all years from 2012-2015.

IMO they are alternate part numbers for any year CR-Z from 2011-2015.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From all the other reading I have done on this site and parts sites they are the same and interchangeable..
Awesome! Thanks. I’ll throw it in there and report back if it work or blows up my ECU. lol. I’m sure it will be fine.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Honda does have 6 different part numbers for that unit. They are very likely all functionally the same. They do list them as different colors for the 3 different "generations".

79600-SZT-A51ZB 2011-2012 Base
79600-SZT-A41ZB 2011-2012 EX and Nav
79600-SZT-A53ZC 2013-2015 Base
79600-SZT-A43ZC 2013-2015 EX and Nav
79600-SZT-A61ZA 2016 EX and Nav
79600-SZT-A71ZA 2016 LX

After thinking on this, the Base vs EX is the heated mirrors. The Base does not have heated mirrors and I bet the pictogram on the defrost button is just the window and not the window and mirror.

·
Administrator
7,679 Posts
and none of those are the "part" numbers he showed in his posting :( I should have dug deeper. I agree though they should all be functionally equivalent and plug compatible but maybe different colors for the panel.

Honda does have 6 different part numbers for that unit. They are very likely all functionally the same. They do list them as different colors for the 3 different "generations".

79600-SZT-A71ZA 2016 LX

·
Registered
306 Posts

79600-SZT-A71ZA 2016 LX

After thinking on this, the Base vs EX is the heated mirrors. The Base does not have heated mirrors and I bet the pictogram on the rear defrost button is just the window and not the window and mirror.
Quoting myself was not what I wanted to do. But I did update my post as to why I think there is a Base vs EX difference. I don't seem to have the option to delete this post.

My theory was correct. Found an ebay listing for a base with a picture. No mirror graphic.
Camera accessory Camera lens Automotive lighting Cameras & optics Digital camera

·
Administrator
7,679 Posts
Difference is the heated mirrors. EX and Navigation has and shows the icon Base does not. Ops pictures are from EX and EX with Navigation.

Quoting myself was not what I wanted to do. But I did update my post as to why I think there is a Base vs EX difference. I don't seem to have the option to delete this post.

My theory was correct. Found an ebay listing for a base with a picture. No mirror graphic.
View attachment 65058

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup. The EX has the rear defrost/mirror button. I popped it in and everything works perfectly. I did notice the new one I got has a very mild blue tint and the original one is just black. You don’t notice it in the car. Just in direct light holding them side-by-side.

While I was in there I also swapped out the tach plastic. It had two giant scratches that annoyed the heck out of me since I bought the car. I’m glad you can swap that out but it must be the softest plastic on earth because the brand new one had mild scratches on it right out of the package.

Thanks for the help guys.

Gesture Rectangle Automotive lighting Tints and shades Automotive design

Font Rectangle Metal Transparency Carmine

·
Registered
306 Posts
It's the dang anti reflection coating on the outside that is super fragile. It can be polished off but then it looks different.

If you were really ambitious you could swap the guts of the HVAC unit so the color is correct.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's the dang anti reflection coating on the outside that is super fragile. It can be polished off but then it looks different.

If you were really ambitious you could swap the guts of the HVAC unit so the color is correct.
I was thinking about doing that actually. I just got done taking the original one completely apart and back together to see what was going on. I consider myself to be a technical, hands on kind of person. It was super easy to take apart.

My defroster button was stuck down and not moving. Once I took it apart it freed its self up. All of the buttons are on a single plastic slide. I might just swap the buttons from the new one to the original one. I’m going to keep the new one in there for now though. I’ll tackle that another day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts