Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided the CRZ is my second-favorite car I've ever owned.

What was the first? A 2003 Porsche 911. Red, of course. :)

Why do I love the CRZ when it's such a different type of car, and so much slower?

- The styling is great
- The car has solid, well-built feel (closing doors etc)
- It's quiet and well behaved
- The mileage is great
- Lots of fun toys on the dash
- Perfect shifter+clutch, and I mean that 100%.
- The bluetooth cellphone integration is seamless
- Very good iPod (iPhone) integration
- It's comfortable and has a lot of storage
- Decent nav with good voice recognition
- All this for 23k!

I'm really, really happy with my purchase. Last time I felt like this I bought an Apple product.

If you're considering the CRZ, drive one yourself and have an open mind. Pretty much 99% of the reviewers trash the car. Judge it yourself.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Have you ever driven an early S2000? 2000-2003 had the best clutch and shifter I've ever driven. Later models shifted slightly smoother (improved synchros) , but the clutch delay valve slightly changed the feel of the clutch.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Colin,

When the S2000 came out I wanted one badly. However, the dealers were charging a whopping 15K over sticker which put it roughly the cost of a Boxster...so I got one of those instead.

It was also a pretty small car, I don't think I'd have been comfortable in it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
^^ Yeah, S2000 happiness depends on whether you're tall in the torso or tall in leg. The steering column doesn't adjust (at all) so if you're long legged, it can be a problem. Headroom was rarely an issue. Markups were common, and it made it difficult for me to get one back in 1999. But we lucked out and found one with 1200 miles and got that as a 'used' car for a little less than the original sticker.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
I feel the same way about the car. I am not sure how the car magazines missed so much.
It looks good and drives good. It is really in a class all by it self.
Exactly, 'Class all by itself" does not normally translate into good reviews. Short sighted on thier part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.