Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Abs module

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  kent.bell159 
#1 ·
I tried to take out just the electrical part of the abs module as the company who is repairing it have said the fault only on that part of the module so it ok to send , but I’ve struggled on taking it out think I need a extended torque wrench or star drive I think it called lol the bottom screw is a pain to access

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you obtained either the FSM (Factory Service Manual) as a book (Honda CR-Z 2012 Shop/Service Information), Anyone here have the FSM page they can send you as a PDF ( there was also a couple of postings that indicated the FSM can be accessed online) or have you talked to a mechanic that might have the information to remove it? It would be best to send the whole unit to the refurbishment company as you really don't know what else maybe out of specifications.

#3 ·
Have you obtained either the FSM (Factory Service Manual) as a book (Honda CR-Z 2012 Shop/Service Information), Anyone here have the FSM page they can send you as a PDF ( there was also a couple of postings that indicated the FSM can be accessed online) or have you talked to a mechanic that might have the information to remove it? It would be best to send the whole unit to the refurbishment company as you really don't know what else maybe out of specifications.
i spoke to the company and gave them the code and they said in the electrical part which has a fault so I can just send them that part , then I don’t have to mess about with bleeding the brakes , I think I will just pay a mechanic to get it out as I don’t want to mess it up

#12 ·
Hi,
Writing here on the forum as I have a Honda Insight which has almost the same ABs module.
Honda dealer told me I had to replace the whole module which would cost nearly 3k so I want to take the module out, send it to a repair company and then plug it back in.
I’m trying to figure out how to take it out, it seems you didn’t have to take the whole bracket out, only the two screws on the bottom and one on the side, am I right? It’s built tge same way on my Insight. And unscrew the brake lines of course.
any help would be highly appreciated 🙏🏼

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.