Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is anything to be concerned about... But I finally got my Z back this last weekend. When I got home, I decided to plugin my code reader to see if there were any codes stored in the ECU. CEL was not on so as expected, no codes for the engine. ABS however had one code stored (86-1). The only thing I can think of was that a few months ago, I received an ABS and VSA system alert in the i-mid when I plugged my tuner in to the car. No warning lights currently and the car drives fine. ABS and VSA seem to work properly. Does anyone know if ABS codes clear on their own or do they need to be cleared manually?

·
Premium Member
5,958 Posts
When I was messing with my tune with the Sprintex, I noticed an ABS code come up too, but since I was focused on JUST engine codes, I cleared it out and forgot to note what the code actually was. Hasn't come up since, and that was a year or so ago. I don't know if that was the same type of thing that's happening to you, but I'd just clear it out and see if it returns, then check it further. :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll see if my code reader can clear ABS codes. It is a cheap $60 code reader from Autozone. I definitely need something better that can read mode 6 data and pull freeze frame data.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts