Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ABS lights and VSA lights came on this weekend and I have only put about 300 miles on the car so I figured it was an error.

Took it back to the dealer today and they said the battery had drained down while they put in the accessories( I guess due to the doors and lights being open/on for so long) which caused the voltage to drop and trigger the ABS and VSA to shut off.

They scanned for codes 61-1 for low battery and 81-1 ABS control unit malfunction. Tested the battery voltage and the ABS control unit. All systems were working properly but the battery was pretty drained.

I was a little concerned about this over the weekend but after a stop at the dealer today I ended up with a free car wash and problem free as well at no cost to me. So basically just an FYI if you see these lights and they don't seem right to you.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'm putting new wheels and tires on tomorrow. Discount Tire Direct told me that until I go to my dealership to have them "initialized" my ABS and VSA lights will be on because my car won't recognize the new TPMS sensors. So I guess the ABS and VSA systems will actually be inop...

I wonder how much it will cost at the stealership...:mellow:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm putting new wheels and tires on tomorrow. Discount Tire Direct told me that until I go to my dealership to have them "initialized" my ABS and VSA lights will be on because my car won't recognize the new TPMS sensors. So I guess the ABS and VSA systems will actually be inop...

I wonder how much it will cost at the stealership...:mellow:
Hey, take a look at this thread it may help you out. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.