Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the struts on my 2011 the other day when I went to start it it seemed like it reset itself as my ave fuel economy and miles I drove on that tank had reset itself, I started it and the ABS and VSA light are and the auto shut is disabled as well as the regenerative braking , I looked at the wheel sensors and they are not damaged in any way I pushed on the connectors on the wheel well and they seemed secure. When I jumped the 4 and 9 pins on the Diagnostic port and tried to reset it like I read on here, on the display in the lower RH of the dash it popped up the following codes
SCS TPMS DTC flashing between 37 and 38
PA50
DTC U1281
I even disconnected the battery and had to enter the code for the radio and still the same I checked the air pressure in the tires and they are fine
Everything else works fine
aside from the auto start and the regenerative braking
Any ideas on a possible solution as I don't want to take it the dealer to hook it up to the HDS computer.
Thanks in Adavance

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
Changed the struts on my 2011 the other day when I went to start it it seemed like it reset itself as my ave fuel economy and miles I drove on that tank had reset itself, I started it and the ABS and VSA light are and the auto shut is disabled as well as the regenerative braking , I looked at the wheel sensors and they are not damaged in any way I pushed on the connectors on the wheel well and they seemed secure. When I jumped the 4 and 9 pins on the Diagnostic port and tried to reset it like I read on here, on the display in the lower RH of the dash it popped up the following codes
SCS TPMS DTC flashing between 37 and 38
PA50
DTC U1281
I even disconnected the battery and had to enter the code for the radio and still the same I checked the air pressure in the tires and they are fine
Everything else works fine
aside from the auto start and the regenerative braking
Any ideas on a possible solution as I don't want to take it the dealer to hook it up to the HDS computer.
Thanks in Adavance
It may all be coincidental and your TPMS sensor(s) have failed and need to be replaced if they are the originals. Since they are potted you cannot replace the battery in the sensors and the sensor(s) have to be replaced. If all 4 are same age have all four replaced. If it were mine I would take it a tire place and see if they can read the sensors and see if one or all can't be read.

Something you can try is Drop the pressure in the tires below 20 then increase to over 30 all 4 wheels then drive the car with a few turn off and restart cycles.

Others have had similar issues when Under hood battery has failed ( replace or have load tested ) other have had issues with ABS failing.

If still having issue call a dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts