Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Guys I hope you are in good health.
I have Mannual Crz 2010 with around 132000Miles on it.
Form 3, 4 days when i accelerate there is a jerk afterward like after 2 seconds.
Same when i take my foot off acceleration.
It's a delayed Jerk.
Car does pick acceleration when i press the gas pedal at once then one jerk and then its smooth till i take my foot off , a jerk again and another after i press gas pedal again. Happens in all gears. But stronger in initial gears. Even it happens in reverse gear.

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
Has Transmission been serviced? If it is a new symptom then it maybe wear ,tear and may need attention. Have someplace check it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has Transmission been serviced? If it is a new symptom then it maybe wear ,tear and may need attention. Have some place check it.
Not i have had it for 16000 miles and i haven't done anything related to transmission.
Could it be related to ima any how.
As i have noticed as well that it jerks when it switches between charge and Assist

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'd wager the rear engine mount is dead. Hardrace do a tuffer rubber version for the fit/jazz that is the same part. Avoid the poly bushes they vibrate like a cement mixer full of rampant rabbits

Take out the air box and rock the engine back and forth, you'll see the excessive movement if the mount is dead.

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
It could be a lot of things. Find a good shop who is familiar with Honda Hybrids and is willing to work on it.

Not i have had it for 16000 miles and i haven't done anything related to transmission.
Could it be related to ima any how.
As i have noticed as well that it jerks when it switches between charge and Assist

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd wager the rear engine mount is dead. Hardrace do a tuffer rubber version for the fit/jazz that is the same part. Avoid the poly bushes they vibrate like a cement mixer full of rampant rabbits

Take out the air box and rock the engine back and forth, you'll see the excessive movement if the mount is dead.

The guy who told me that it coukd be related to engine mount but upon checking he said mount is fine but it's something related transmission.
Also if it help that catalytic converter code came and then went away by itself. Could that be related to this?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Maybe if the lambda was dead or a fuel injector or even the egr is stuck open. Defo plug it in and see what codes it's thrown.

I had a rear engine mount go in my ep3 and it looked fine from a glance but was split badly. Only noticeable once removed.

If it's manual you shouldn't have any jerking on accel or decel unless it's mount related.

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
With the Mileage you have on it change the transmission fluid and if still issues after that have a shop look at it . If you had a light come on and then go off have the code pulled that might give a clue. I tell all new owners to change all fluids and filters as a good base line and also to either load test or replace the under hood battery, wiper blades and if tires are more then 5 years old them too. If no service history book or high mileage change plugs, belt and have valves adjusted.

CR-Zs need very little maintenance but they still need some as indicated in the Service History book.

As it is a Manual transmission car you could have a worn clutch or other parts in the transmission. Previous owner may have been hard on it. Code(s), Fluid change then Knowledgeable shop. We can speculate all we want and guess but it needs to be evaluated by a professional. It never hurts to change fluids and filters and can help with some issues.

The guy who told me that it coukd be related to engine mount but upon checking he said mount is fine but it's something related transmission.
Also if it help that catalytic converter code came and then went away by itself. Could that be related to this?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi, Guys I hope you are in good health.
I have Mannual Crz 2010 with around 132000Miles on it.
Form 3, 4 days when i accelerate there is a jerk afterward like after 2 seconds.
Same when i take my foot off acceleration.
It's a delayed Jerk.
Car does pick acceleration when i press the gas pedal at once then one jerk and then its smooth till i take my foot off , a jerk again and another after i press gas pedal again. Happens in all gears. But stronger in initial gears. Even it happens in reverse gear.
Sounds like worn out CV joints in the driveshafts, that results in play within the shafts that would mean a rocking feeling when coming off throttle/regen or when applying throttle again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts