Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

My A/C started hissing real loud and making a funny oily/gasoline like smell while I was driving. Made me real dizzy too. Any clue what that is? I barely passed the 10K mileage mark.

· Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking maybe the evap, but I'm no expert. It happened once before, but it was real brief.

· Premium Member
3,097 Posts
If it is still cooling then it is not a refrigerant leak and leaks don't come and go. 134A is considered not harmful to the environment. Where it is deadly is it displaces oxygen and is considered an asphyxiant. I think it might be more of the glues or adhesives during assembly.

· Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no idea. it is still working, but it just randomly hissed really loudly, produced a smell, and then stopped. happened twice now.

· Premium Member
3,097 Posts
If you had a hissing sound loud enough to hear and it was a refrigerant leak it definitely would not work anymore. I don't know how the controls work on the CR-Z but some older vehicles used vacuum tubing to actuate the doors and valves in the heater / A/C box under the dash. The way the car generated this vacuum was small black tubing off the motor. What you are hearing could possibly be these actuator relieving this vacuum to move a door or a valve and the smell could be the "engine smell". The best thing to do is take it to the dealer if you are concerned.

· Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gonna do that. i had a passenger at the time and we both agreed that it was not at all normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.