Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My compressor is suddenly shutting down in the heat. The mornings and evenings are no issue, the freon is charged properly. It is simply the hot sun and humidity forcing it to shut down. If parked in full shade with the engine turned off, if it sits for an hour or so it will typically work again but only until the engine compartment gets hot again. It gets hotter much quicker if exposed to the sun, even just parked. Once driving again, its just a short matter of time before it shuts itself off again and refuses to work until it's parked well out of the sun for a while. The engine isn't overheating however, I've checked my coolant regularly and all is well there. It only started this recently and I'm hoping someone might suggest a starting point to finding what is preventing it from staying cool enough to operate. I feel like it will be something very simple that proves to be the culprit. I have no idea how the system actually operates and what functions allow the compressor to breathe or stay cool. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you can throw my way. Thanks so much!
(2011 Manual, 140k miles)
* I ran the system diagnostics when it started blowing warm air from time to time and nothing came back faulty. So assumed it was a freon issue at the time*

·
Registered
935 Posts
The fans are running?

Can you hook up an advanced scan tool or a manifold set?

High pressure cut out is 400psi. Your symptoms sound like you are hitting the cut. Could be fans not working or you could have a failing TXV valve.

·
Don't abuse the report button
2,320 Posts

You most likely have a very common issue, and it is a free fix for most people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts