Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Volunteer Admin
2011 CRZ EX, and 2011 CRZ Mugen 060/300
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carzee has passed off planning this to my fiancé and I. 2020 screwed everything up and we weren’t able to have the 8th meet until October 2022. This year’s meet will also be in the fall.

Weekend of September 9,10,11. Past attendees show up as early as Wednesday (9/7) and leave as late as Monday (9/12). Most people start showing up on Thurs. afternoon and leave Sundayish.

It's another year and another Dragon meet for the CR-Z's! Hope you can join us, even for only a day or two.

Contact Info for Fontana Village Resort cabins/rooms:
Front Desk 24/7
[email protected]
800 849-2258 or 828 498-2211

300 Woods Rd
Fontana Dam, NC 28733

If you need help finding a room/cabin to reserve please message me, we have a special group discount with some rooms/cabins set aside. We still have 2 lodge rooms (2 queen beds in each) and 2 1-bedroom cabins (1 queen bed) left to be reserved! These will be released back to the public on June 9th. To reserve you pay over the phone for the cost of 1 night. Both the room and cabin are $113/night with the group discount.

Attendance seemed to peak around 2018ish. Let’s get some new faces out there! It’s always fun to get together with some like minded CRZ fanatics 🤪

Wreckless and/or inappropriate personal and/or vehicular behavior can and will get you banned by Fontana Village Resort and shunned by the group who attends this meet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey all! I attended in 2017 and 2019 and sadly since then, life required I sell the CR-Z for more space. Life goes on, but I'm left with memories and a pile of spare parts to sell.

I intend to list everything here on the forums, but I recall seeing parts swaps happen at the Dragon before so I'm not sure about the rules, and I definitely don't want to clutter your organization thread.

Either way, if y'all don't mind a tagalong with a Mustang GT and a pile of CR-Z parts, I'm happy to attend at least a day!

·
Volunteer Admin
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey all! I attended in 2017 and 2019 and sadly since then, life required I sell the CR-Z for more space. Life goes on, but I'm left with memories and a pile of spare parts to sell.

I intend to list everything here on the forums, but I recall seeing parts swaps happen at the Dragon before so I'm not sure about the rules, and I definitely don't want to clutter your organization thread.

Either way, if y'all don't mind a tagalong with a Mustang GT and a pile of CR-Z parts, I'm happy to attend at least a day!

Whatchu got?

·
Registered
513 Posts
You still thinking of coming? 👀
Ah I know this year is a no go cause I'm heading back to school. But... That doesn't mean PayPal can't stop me from a lil shopping ;P

Depending on the schedule, I'm honestly going to make an effort next year since I can prep well in advance. I want to make the long journey at least once :O

·
Registered
2012 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
9 Posts
I'll be coming up from Georgia this year! I'm bringing my 2012 Z EX and my husband is tagging along in his 2020 Civic SI. We're headed up the night of the 9th and headed back down on the 10th, but hopefully that's enough time to meet a couple other Z's! I've been itching to go back on the Dragon since I went last month, so the timing is perfect. Any other RSVP's yet?

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts
this is my first time hearing about this and im wanting to attend, is there some kind of schedule or something of that sort?
Usually, Friday and/or Saturday night we gather at Fontana Village for late night fire pit fun.... Bring some local brews, if you like. During the days, it's making some Dragon runs and eats, but we like to get a group photo at the Dam on Saturday morning, for sure. I'm heading down from Ohio Thursday morning to get there around 4-5pm....not much going on that night but finding your Cabin/room and general hanging about. See the first post above for lodging, but might be some folks with extra bed/couch at their cabin, if you are looking for space at the last minute.

Where are you from? You might be in a location to show up for a pre-meet cruise to the Dragon....

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z EX 6MT
3 Posts
Usually, Friday and/or Saturday night we gather at Fontana Village for late night fire pit fun.... Bring some local brews, if you like. During the days, it's making some Dragon runs and eats, but we like to get a group photo at the Dam on Saturday morning, for sure. I'm heading down from Ohio Thursday morning to get there around 4-5pm....not much going on that night but finding your Cabin/room and general hanging about. See the first post above for lodging, but might be some folks with extra bed/couch at their cabin, if you are looking for space at the last minute.

Where are you from? You might be in a location to show up for a pre-meet cruise to the Dragon....
Thank you for this reply, very helpful, I am hoping to reserve a 1 bedroom cabin later today. And I am from Clarksville, TN!

·
Volunteer Admin
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is my first year planning this. Carzee bought a Tesla years ago and has officially passed off the planning for this meet to myself and my fiancé. We stopped posting a solid schedule of events years ago, but what Litz described is the general main events we do every year.
If you can’t find any rooms or cabins at Fontana Village, the closest town a half hour away is Robbinsville NC

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z EX 6MT
3 Posts
This is my first year planning this. Carzee bought a Tesla years ago and has officially passed off the planning for this meet to myself and my fiancé. We stopped posting a solid schedule of events years ago, but what Litz described is the general main events we do every year.
If you can’t find any rooms or cabins at Fontana Village, the closest town a half hour away is Robbinsville NC
i was able to find a room!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is this happening at the same time as the Classic Hondas at the Dragon? I saw something, but when I clicked away to check this site I lost it. Don't know if that's the exact name, but I saw it in my 1st gen CRX group.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts