Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi crzforum,
I've been shopping for a while and think I'm ready to pull the trigger on an automatic EX without Navi on Monday. My hesitation is that I'm going from a Nissan 350z and worried I'll miss the horsepower. I'm getting rid of the 350z because I've had it for 11 years and it has 173k miles.

I'm excited to add remote start, heated seats, and an aftermarket in dash screen/nav.

Can anyone put my mind at ease and push me to 100%?

I've been getting most of my information from these forums. Great site.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Many of us came from much faster cars than that and speaking for myself dont miss it . CRZ is great fun , more importantly reliable fun .

·
Registered
564 Posts
I came from 2 S2000s and I there are plenty of features of the CRZ that offset the lack of power. It's a surprisingly fun little car that has good amounts of pick up in Sport mode. Plus, you can always mod it, which makes it that much more unique to you.

·
Registered
437 Posts
You might miss the raw power every now and then, but it's unique and has plenty of fun to offer anyway. You can thrash the engine and still get great mileage compared to a 370Z.

·
elderly lady
2,835 Posts
I was parked beside many "muscle" cars at an outdoor party tonight. One person had their designated driver pick them up and brought their kid. It took a while for the DD to convince the partier it was time to go home so the kid had time to run around a bit. As I was leaving, the kid (10-12 yrs old), ran to me as I entered 2Pac (my cr-z), and screamed, "CAN I HAVE YOUR CAR?" I said "Don't you want one of those?", pointing to the Maros and Stangs and S2Ks. He said "NO! YOURS is COOL". His little arz then grabbed my keys. Dang, forgot how fast we are at 10-12 years old haha.

It's little things like this that remind me the CR-Z is special. And yes, like others, I come from V8s and such, but the CR-Z is just fun. Period.

Convinced?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was parked beside many "muscle" cars at an outdoor party tonight. One person had their designated driver pick them up and brought their kid. It took a while for the DD to convince the partier it was time to go home so the kid had time to run around a bit. As I was leaving, the kid (10-12 yrs old), ran to me as I entered 2Pac (my cr-z), and screamed, "CAN I HAVE YOUR CAR?" I said "Don't you want one of those?", pointing to the Maros and Stangs and S2Ks. He said "NO! YOURS is COOL". His little arz then grabbed my keys. Dang, forgot how fast we are at 10-12 years old haha.

It's little things like this that remind me the CR-Z is special. And yes, like others, I come from V8s and such, but the CR-Z is just fun. Period.

Convinced?
Thanks for the story, I'm going to bump up to a 99.5%. You guys really are putting my mind at ease.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I came from an '09 Si and it was probably the most fun car I've owned. But the premium gas was grating my nerves. The CR-Z was the only car I considered and I haven't regretted it. It gets great mileage and without question gets more looks and "hey, nice car" comments than anything I've ever driven. I do think the 6-speed makes this car, but that's personal preference. Good luck!

·
Registered
661 Posts
You won't win any straight road drag races, but it's a lot of fun on curvy roads. There was this one time where there was a taxi cab right on my rear and I was coming up on a corkscrew like on-ramp. I hit the gas and took the cork screw with no problem, the taxi cab couldn't compete with the CRZ's handling and was way back there.

I also had a somewhat similar experience as Realtallshorty. As I came up to a car wash, there was this kid about 5 years old that saw me drive up and had the wow look on his face.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and absolutely love it. I have the 2011 EX NAV 6 SPD Manual Tranny. I love shifting through the gears. Handles like its on rails
You won't be disappointed go get it!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all of the responses everybody. I'm at 100% and hopefully getting it tomorrow. I'll post some pictures and really excited to get to some mods.

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts
Good for you!
Welcome, and hope you'll be able to score a good deal on the car.
Is this a new one, or used?
Nothing wrong with either choice, but the CR-Z does tend to lose a fair bit of value (moreso than even many other cars) when you drive it off the lot. So play hardball on the price if it is new.

And yes, this is a heck of a fun car - on the bends, as well as passing pumps. The CVT takes a bit of getting used to when starting from a stop (get on too much gas too early, and it complains like a manual starting in 3rd). Learn to let it roll off the stop for 1/2 second, then you can pretty much do what you want to it.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good for you!
Welcome, and hope you'll be able to score a good deal on the car.
Is this a new one, or used?
Nothing wrong with either choice, but the CR-Z does tend to lose a fair bit of value (moreso than even many other cars) when you drive it off the lot. So play hardball on the price if it is new.

And yes, this is a heck of a fun car - on the bends, as well as passing pumps. The CVT takes a bit of getting used to when starting from a stop (get on too much gas too early, and it complains like a manual starting in 3rd). Learn to let it roll off the stop for 1/2 second, then you can pretty much do what you want to it.

Enjoy!
It's a new 2014 EX automatic no navi. It has 37 miles on it and I've test driven about 15 of them. I'll fully disclose. My offer from the dealer is $21,556 plus $250 Documentary service fee, 33.50 for title and reg and 6.5% tax.

The price seems okay to me. I tried to get them to throw in remote start, they wouldn't bite but they came down $200 instead. I'm planning on seeing if they'll throw in an armrest or at lease free install.

Let me know what you think about the price and thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Truecar.com says, at least in my area, that's below dealer invoice. So I guess a good deal...? ;)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Not a bad decision...it is the best car I have ever owned..all things considered!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yesterday I bought a 2014 Crystal Black Pearl EX! One day in loving it. All of my concerns about not having enough horsepower are gone. It has plenty of pickup as you all told me, especially when playing with the paddle shifters.

Thanks for the input, I think I made a great decision.

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts
Yesterday I bought a 2014 Crystal Black Pearl EX! One day in loving it. All of my concerns about not having enough horsepower are gone. It has plenty of pickup as you all told me, especially when playing with the paddle shifters.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
111 Posts

Wait until you laugh when you fill it up!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts