Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Indicate your AVERAGE fuel economy for your 6MT equipped CRZ

• Total voters
161 - 177 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
My recent runs to LA only proved to me that you can't drive in that town anymore. But you get to park a lot. On the freeway.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got very excited today after seeing 41.1 average MPG reported by my dash info center! Of course, I don't know how long it will last since it was only measured on the trip home from the gas station at midnight when there was no traffic... still promising though ?

how to reset the B trip monitoring? Seems like now would be a good time to start paying more attention to fuel stuff now that I'm getting more used to how it likes to drive...and now that my under hood battery is up to snuff.

Interesting that it's the highest number I've seen by far since getting her, and only recently have I gone with the regular 87 octane instead of mid grade or premium and I drove it pretty aggressively in sports mode on t the way home

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I got very excited today after seeing 41.1 average MPG reported by my dash info center! Of course, I don't know how long it will last since it was only measured on the trip home from the gas station at midnight when there was no traffic... still promising though ?
It's the little victories in life that really matter, I geek out a bit whenever I manage anything over 39MPG. ?

how to reset the B trip monitoring?
When your MID display is on trip B just hold down your reset button until it goes to "0.0"
Seems like now would be a good time to start paying more attention to fuel stuff now that I'm getting more used to how it likes to drive...and now that my under hood battery is up to snuff.
So what did you end up going with?

Interesting that it's the highest number I've seen by far since getting her, and only recently have I gone with the regular 87 octane instead of mid grade or premium and I drove it pretty aggressively in sports mode on t the way home
Unless you've done some of the more major mods or are running ethanol free, there's precious little to zero benefit to putting anything other than 87 in your tank.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
41.8! Been over a year(back when I still had the CVT) since the last time I got a tank average this high. Calculated MPG was higher at 41.95 (389.2miles÷9.277gallons). Rewarded Red with a tankful of 92EF.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Though I can't vote in the poll, as of 21 fill ups I have managed to get 42.15 MPG in my 6MT. My technique has been solid but the trees on my dashboard only get to 3-3.5 these days. Maybe someday I can hit 43 MPG but that might take a while...

·
Registered
136 Posts

About 50mpg for me. I was mostly a teeny bit disappointed with it before, since I've seen many remark that the CR-Z doesn't get much MPG on average and I wanted to do my best to challenge that using my daily commutes. Looking around, it seems the averages are around 40 or so -- guess I should calm down, huh? Still, my best is 59mpg thus far, and I want to achieve 60 at some point.

Also, I know; I need to clean, haha.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Suprised seeing the numbers that people post. I only manage around 30mpg most of the time. I do drive around in sport mode 90% of the time and its mostly city driving but still :(

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Suprised seeing the numbers that people post. I only manage around 30mpg most of the time. I do drive around in sport mode 90% of the time and its mostly city driving but still :(
I have a 6-Speed, and MPG's vary widely, according to the speed and right foot action.

Took a 369 mile, one way, trip this weekend, and on the way to the event, I drove mostly in ECON mode--in cruise control--and never exceeded the speed limit. On the way back, it was in SPORT mode, and I was maintaining a speed that got me back home 45 minutes earlier than sticking to the speed limit.

Results were about 42 mpg's for the trip there, and 32 mpg's on the return trip. :)
(oh, and that was with the HPD supercharger, so take that for what it's worth)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 6-Speed, and MPG's vary widely, according to the speed and right foot action.

Took a 369 mile, one way, trip this weekend, and on the way to the event, I drove mostly in ECON mode--in cruise control--and never exceeded the speed limit. On the way back, it was in SPORT mode, and I was maintaining a speed that got me back home 45 minutes earlier than sticking to the speed limit.

Results were about 42 mpg's for the trip there, and 32 mpg's on the return trip. :)
(oh, and that was with the HPD supercharger, so take that for what it's worth)
I'm gonna be making some long high way drives and ill have to test the good mpg i can get with cruise. Also those are some pretty good mpgs especially with a supercharger, heard they slightly reduce the mpg u usually get.

161 - 177 of 177 Posts