Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Indicate your AVERAGE fuel economy for your 6MT equipped CRZ

• Total voters
121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I bounce between 31-34 mpg depending on traffic conditions that week and how much vroom I feel like hearing. This is local street driving and highway driving that is frequently bumper to bumper. I have observed that when my average MPG is at 33 or 34 that my average MPH is usually at 33 or 34 as well. Don't think that really means anything, but it's cool to see.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Today I confirmed that going 65-70mph for around 60 miles straight in the rightmost lane of the 5 will do two things: piss people off and get me a personal record high 43.2 mpg.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Had to take my Z back to dealer for some warrantee repairs inc growing three areas as paint has crazed under top coat. The dealer is 100miles away so i filled up, reset the trip. I had planned to drive economical and in eco mode and not use the S+ button but that didn't last long and it was too tempting to put my foot down on the dualcarrage ways. On arrival i did achieved a respectable 54mpg in Eco mode but if i hadn't of pressed that button for the 10second boost, it would have been much better.

Next Friday when i return to collect her (hopefully they do all the work inc painting in week) i will try and get a better mpg. by not using the button.

·
Registered
216 Posts
damn, it stayed at 43.7. still way better then the epa told me.:canada:
Hey, don't complain! As a San Franciscan doing mostly city driving up and down hills, I'm usually stuck in the mid-30s. I just never get those long stretches of easy, flat cruising that make 40+ MPG so easy for the rest of you. But my prior car, a 2006 Mazda3, only got 23-24 MPG in the same conditions, so I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
76 Posts
im not complaining, i just wanted 44mpg. on my next tank witch will be my third, im not going to look at the average till its empty and see if i stay above 40mpg. i watch the numbers on the dashboard to much.

·
Registered
76 Posts
42.4 mpg . i never looked at the dash readout and drove as i normally would, 95% in eco mode. i continue to say this car is well worth it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
After filling my gas tank 5 times my average fuel consumption on the last tankful was 40.3 US mpg. Each fill up included the same type of driving and my gas mileage gradually improved from a low of 37.5 mpg on the first fill up to the 40.3 mpg on the last fill up. The improvement in fuel consumption was the result of the engine breaking in and me learning to drive the car the way Honda suggested. My driving is mostly very hilly back roads with lots of turns but does include some stop and go city driving and some highway driving. The temperature has been in the high 80's to low 90's (F) for these fill ups. The highways in my area have a posted speed limit of 70 mph but the flow of traffic is closer to 80 mph and consequently doesn't help the mileage. The only thing I have changed in my driving for the CR-Z has been to keep the engine speed as low as I can without lugging the engine. I set the automatic temperature control at the temperature most comfortable to me and it was on all the time. I accelerate and run the speeds of the flow of traffic and use the lights when needed. I have always coasted (in gear) for as far as I can before a stop, so my only change is to lightly touch the brake pedal to get charging when appropriate. I have also always put my transmission in neutral when idling with the car stopped.

2014 CR-Z EX MT 'Ruby'

·
1,322 Posts
I have always coasted (in gear) for as far as I can before a stop, so my only change is to lightly touch the brake pedal to get charging when appropriate. I have also always put my transmission in neutral when idling with the car stopped.
I do this too, with the exception being that I usually downshift to 4th or 3rd before the revs drop too low, because the car will slow charging around 25-30mph in 6th. In 3rd gear it charges all the way down until auto-stop can engage at <18mph. My overall mpg average has dropped since summer hit because my AC is working overtime in this 100+ degree Arizona heat. Looking forward to fall and a mild winter to see an increase in fuel economy.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Well IMO the tires have ALOT to do with MPG's. I just got back from a 3500 mile road trip which I did once before with the Bridgestone ECO tires and the first trip I got 41mpg now on the way back I only got 36mpg with Dunlap DZ102's. But I can't complain, $250 in gas from N.Y. to Los Angeles is not bad at all. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2012 CRZ-EX 6mt gets 27mpg in all stop and go city driving, with most tanks getting about 31mpg. If I drive highway in econ with cruise control I get close to 45mpg. Anyone getting 45mpg combined city and highway is full of malarkey.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My 2012 CRZ-EX 6mt gets 27mpg in all stop and go city driving, with most tanks getting about 31mpg. If I drive highway in econ with cruise control I get close to 45mpg. Anyone getting 45mpg combined city and highway is full of malarkey.
I beg to differ. My commute is 110 miles round trip to work. Around 40 mins on the highway and the rest on back roads. In econ mode and really trying, I get over 51 MPG door to door. :wavey:

121 - 140 of 177 Posts