Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found out about the CRZ after failing to fit in a Ford Fiesta. I went to the Honda dealer to test one, but being labor day weekend, they were closed DOH!

Anyone 6'4" tall, fit in the CR-Z?

I currently own a '04 Pontiac GTO. Its has a long doors and I have a lot of room to tilt the seat back, which allows me to fit. I see some reviews showing the CR-Z seats do tilt back quite far.

4 doors are generally a deal breaker due to the B pillars being to far forward for me to get into most vehicles. Well except my wifes H2 ( gas hog I call it ):rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent news...

Well Im off the Honda dealer on tuesday then, thanks kenoshainflames.

Im actually upset at Ford, because I try to support domestic as much as possible. I had a ZX3 that I loved ( 260,000 miles). I went to buy a SVT or a ZX3 and was told they dont make those [email protected]##$

So I sat in the Fiesta, couldnt get the door even closed because of my size. :bored:

Salesman at Ford said I should try an Explorer:eek: I told him I wanted something sporty and pointed to my '04 GTO sitting in his ford parking lot. Nuff said...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I'm 195cm 110kg and I fit better in the CR-Z then in my CL9 Accord. You can almost move the drivers seat so far back it touches the rear seats. I realize the USDM Z doesn't have rear seats, so that may be a bad referance, but I was just really impressed how well I fit in the car.

I drive quite a bit in my job, so the seating position was actually one of the things that sold me on the car.

Edit: After actually bothering to do the math from metric to random roller coaster system, I found that I'm actually about the same size as the op. iPhone converter ftw! Well on height anyway ;) If I fit, you fit better!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I called two dealers today...both sold out already. 6-8 weeks for more inventory...DOH!:angry:
There are thousands of CRZs immediately available. Just go to cars.com and enter your zip code and search for honda CRZ. you will find dozens within 50 miles of most metro areas.

now, if your like me and live on a little island where there is only one dealer, yes they can be hard to find.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
plenty of room

Wow exceeded my expectations. I had a ton of room inside and the doors are very long:thumbsup:

The seats really make the ride nice. Firm, fit like glove. I was terrible at shifting it compared to my stiff clutched GTO lol. But to be expected for car with 75% less motor size than the GTO.

I was very happy with everything. I only went for a 20 mile drive, didnt bother getting on it in sport, just wanted to see how the car cornered ( pretty good for stock ) and how it absorbs bumps/hole ( we have a lot of those in Michigan ) which turned out very good. Feels like it could use a rear sway bar, but thats the only real cornering issue I felt.

The dealer quoted me $20,579, out the door, for a base /stick and gave me a decent trade for my GTO ( which is 7 years old-mint condition). Price sounds about right.

Anyone can chime in thier opinion on the price I got quoted. Fair, high, low?

Now should I get Black ( my fav ) or white? I didnt like the grey or the red.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Wow exceeded my expectations. I had a ton of room inside and the doors are very long:thumbsup:

The seats really make the ride nice. Firm, fit like glove. I was terrible at shifting it compared to my stiff clutched GTO lol. But to be expected for car with 75% less motor size than the GTO.

I was very happy with everything. I only went for a 20 mile drive, didnt bother getting on it in sport, just wanted to see how the car cornered ( pretty good for stock ) and how it absorbs bumps/hole ( we have a lot of those in Michigan ) which turned out very good. Feels like it could use a rear sway bar, but thats the only real cornering issue I felt.

The dealer quoted me $20,579, out the door, for a base /stick and gave me a decent trade for my GTO ( which is 7 years old-mint condition). Price sounds about right.

They really are awesome cars, aren't they? I was very surprised at the space inside, also. I also agree that a RSB and some braces will make this car even more incredible in the handling department. Don't forget grippier (more grippy?) tires, after winter, of course.

$19,950 is MSRP for a base, 6mt. I don't know if you have any optionsa dded to the car. If you don't it's a bit high, imho.

I have black. Don't listen to the people who say the lines don't show. They do. Very noticable, in fact.

They most likely aren't going to go below msrp, being such a new vehicle. But if you know the game, you may be able to get it a little lower. Think:-$100 off msrp.

Good luck, hope you get it. :hi5:

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
if that price includes tax title blah blah blah... then its a great price... the base 6mt starts at $19,200+$750 in destination charges... so $19,950 is the most i would go on a base before all those fees i mentioned...

glad u liked it... sport actually increases power, throttle response and stiffen steering a bit for more control on corners??

im just curious, why not check out the EX? It has a ton of extra features for only about $1,500 over the base price... ie: leather wrapped steering wheel, aluminum/leather shift knob, better sound system, aluminum pedals, HIDs, fog lights, bluetooth and more... go look at the website for the full list...

·
Registered
693 Posts

The price sounds very fair, but you didn't say what else was included. Does that price include sales tax, licensing, any additional options or accessories? The MSRP is $19950 and most dealers will charge a $150 to $400 documentation fee and then sales tax and license are state charges that the dealer has no control over.

Did the dealer have more than one car to offer you right away or were you talking about placing an order?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
if that price includes tax title blah blah blah... then its a great price... the base 6mt starts at $19,200+$750 in destination charges... so $19,950 is the most i would go on a base before all those fees i mentioned...

glad u liked it... sport actually increases power, throttle response and stiffen steering a bit for more control on corners??

im just curious, why not check out the EX? It has a ton of extra features for only about $1,500 over the base price... ie: leather wrapped steering wheel, aluminum/leather shift knob, better sound system, aluminum pedals, HIDs, fog lights, bluetooth and more... go look at the website for the full list...
Wow, I completely forgot T, T & L. lol Not quite sure why, that's not like me.

I agree with checking out an EX. The extra stuff is very nice. The stereo bieng one of them. At least the speakers and sub. And HID headlights.

If the doc. fees are any more than $250, I'd try to work it down a bit. But I enjoy 'playing the game'.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
out the door...

that price was out the door, destination, title, tax, documentation. I dont want the EX because I like to customize cars a lot and I find I end up taking most of the extras back off eventually.

I have a Pioneer AVIC stereo, for example, to watch videos on the screen:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
that price was out the door, destination, title, tax, documentation. I dont want the EX because I like to customize cars a lot and I find I end up taking most of the extras back off eventually.

I have a Pioneer AVIC stereo, for example, to watch videos on the screen:thumbsup:
If it includes TT&L I'd jump on it if you really want it.:hi5:

·
Registered
674 Posts
They had a red one? wow, l have a white 6 speed, and l have not washed it yet and l have owned it for about 1 month. This pearl white really hides dust and dirt. l have owned black cars before and l will never again hard to maintained clean. Just my imput. :mellow:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.