Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it normal for the 6 speed trans to hum during shifting on gear 1 ? just got the car a few days ago,and not sure if its normal , it's not loud or anything but anything i hear coming out from the car i do get a little paranoid since i paid $20 + grand on this baby , i can also hear it when i rev the motor when on nuetral , any answer is helpful ,

·
Registered
136 Posts
I heard the same thing, but I assume the sound should be coming from the electric motor, isn't it? I also notice this sound more obvious when u press hard on the gas.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
I heard the same thing, but I assume the sound should be coming from the electric motor, isn't it? I also notice this sound more obvious when u press hard on the gas.
I'm on a CVT but yea, the IMA is going to give you a humming noise... When you hear it look at your assist display... It should correlate.

·
Registered
136 Posts
lol. I heard it as well And kind of thought i had an exhaust or something hahah
I thought it was from the exhaust when i first heard it within the first couple days, but I realized the "noise" get more noticeable when giving more gas and the IMA assist show more bar, then I realized it should be the motor.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Reviving this thread,
I recently heard this humming noise louder than usual, especially when you are going from standing start after the engine is on 'auto idle stop' (say on a traffic light).
Normally its not that loud.
Any idea guys?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I have a 2013 CVT (totally stock) and I have heard a hum when I was accelerating from a stop light. This is the second time I heard it. The first time I thought it was the tires on a grooved concrete section of road.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a 2013 CVT (totally stock) and I have heard a hum when I was accelerating from a stop light. This is the second time I heard it. The first time I thought it was the tires on a grooved concrete section of road.
I only notice the humming noise when revving at a certain rpm. I believe 2400 rpm. But it only does it on occasion, such as when its cold outside or the oil is warming up.
sounds like you guys have heard it as well. phewww..I thought its just mine.

where is that noise coming from tho? the IMA?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.