Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
CRZ-FORUM HATER
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will update this thread with all info soon!!

Sorry for the delay on this post folks, but its time to get ready for the annual dragon meet. Last year we had a total of 36 show up. I hope 2017 will be the biggest year yet, so if you have missed the prior 4 years, stop sleeping and come on out!

Recap threads from previous years:

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/u-s/75850-2016-dragon-recap-thread.html

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/u-s/63266-2015-dragon-recap-thread.html

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/u-s/40354-2014-dragon-recap-thread.html

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/u-s/15781-2013-dragon-run-recap-thread.html

Attendee List:

1. Carzee
2. B-rad
3. Item9
4. Hondaholly
5. Lore97
6. Ejjohnson + 1
7. RatchetRex
8. Alan bunch of numbers
9. Cincrz
10. Numberoneoppa
11. Realtallshorty
12. Varmint
13. Litz
14. shawnfrontier
15. Tsunami_RZ
16. Scrz + 1
17. Retrozelda (Vapegod)
18. Tpj147 + 1
19. Meatguy87
20. Cyeung

Activities:

Thursday: Unofficial arrival date.

Friday: Official arrival date for most people. We will be hanging out getting to know each other. During the day we will do a couple runs though the dragon. Later at night we will have a bonfire as well as a beer exchange. Bring a 6 pack (or more!) of a local beer near where you live, we will put them in a big cooler and you'll be able to try a bunch of different beers.

Saturday: This will be a group activity day. We will do a photoshoot at the bottom of the dam (Time TBD). After that will be the long awaited return of the Cherohola skyway cruise. We will break off into three groups (Slow, Medium and Fast) I will recommend any first timer to start in the slow group. At night we will have a bonfire again.

Sunday: Some people will be leaving this day as others will be staying until monday. More than likely this will be a chill day and do what you want. For the people sticking around we may do another movie night, this is up in the air at the moment.

Monday: Checkout is at 11. We will head out and will be back in 2018!

Where: US 129/The Dragon/Deals Gap

When: July 27th - July 31st 2017

Lodging: Fontana Dam Village Resort. I have 5 cabins and 5 lodge rooms reserved for a special group rate. Anyone wanting to get in on group reservation for cabins and lodge rooms can call Fontana Village directly at 800.849.2258. Mention you are with the Crz Forum Group and they will tell you what cabins/lodge room are still available along with the special group rate.

Also there is ZERO cell reception within 10-20 miles of the resort. The lodge has free WIFI and minor cell phone service for people with verizon. That in mind please have a walkie talkie so all of us can keep in contact. We will be on channel 8 subchannel 1 like last year.

About the Where:
The Dragon is a stretch of Hwy 129 going through the great smokey mountains of NC and TN. Its a very popular twisty road for motorcycles and car clubs to drive through. People from all over the world come here every year to drive these roads and I've heard there aren't many roads that can compare to US129. All of you who take a lot of pics will especially love it because they're professional photographers on a majority of the twisty turns taking pictures. I've been going to the dragon for the last 6 years and always have a blast every time I go.

About the Lodging:
I've stayed at Fontana dam village the last 7 years and its a very nice place. They have lots of fun recreational things to do (Hiking, Disc Golf, Putt Putt, Lazy River). They have a bunch of different cabins and lodge rooms. If you want your own privacy you can get a Lodge room from around $99 and up and if you don't mind staying with a few others then Cabins are generally $179 and up.

I encourage anyone and everyone who loves to drive, young/old, girl/guy, whoever to make it out this year. We had a very diverse crowd in 2016, so everyone and anyone is welcome to join this year.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Drove it once on my way back from Daytona. A Monday morning with NO traffic. Great experience. Can't make the group event, but take lots of pics for us 'stay-at-homes'.

·
Registered
511 Posts
http://421thesnake.com

If you get a chance while on this part of the world at the meet you should check out this road. In and around mountain city TN between Boone, NC and Bristol VA/TN is an awesome driving experience.

·
Registered
449 Posts
okay okay.... I'll try to actually attend this year instead of showing up for just one day :)

But if a family vacation happens to get planned that same weekend I'll still stop by :)
Im interested in a cabin share.

Ok I've requested the PTO....

·
Super Moderator
5,949 Posts
I presume because she and Ratchet Rex will be at the tail of the Dragon again. I just wonder which of their CR-Zs they will bring or if they will bring both.

I wish I could go.:frown2: The Speed Bump wants to meet some of you in real life.

·
Registered
113 Posts
After not making it last year, my wife and I are really hoping we can make it this year. As long as she can get off work, we should be there.

·
Red&Black
6,006 Posts
:rotfl: RatchetRex and I took both our CRZ's last year. I suspect we'll do the same this year. It's no fun driving someone else's car, cause you feel like you have to be extra careful

1 - 20 of 76 Posts