Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We've been following the maintenance minders--rotating tires, oil changes, filter changes, etc. Our mm recently came up for the A13 service (our 5th maintenance visit). We have also replaced the wiper inserts, and the fog lights (the replacement fog lights smashed 2 weeks after they were replaced too though :p).

I hit a pot hole & destroyed a tire last December, and we put on snow tires (live in New England).

Our TPMS light recently came on, but the tires seem to have good air pressure, so we're going to have that checked out when we bring it in for service (not sure if a sensor is broken or something).

Overall, doing good! No real issues. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats!
I'm catchin' up though... my little Z has just over 13000 trouble free miles in the first five months. :grin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our TPMS light recently came on, but the tires seem to have good air pressure, so we're going to have that checked out when we bring it in for service (not sure if a sensor is broken or something).

I live in Southern California but when I drove to Park City Utah in September, my tire pressure light was coming on in the mornings, (it was near freezing). I checked the tire pressure and it was the 30 psi that it's supposed to be. When I got into warmer weather I had no problem. I guess I should mention that next time it goes to the dealer.

·
Registered
134 Posts

I live in Southern California but when I drove to Park City Utah in September, my tire pressure light was coming on in the mornings, (it was near freezing). I checked the tire pressure and it was the 30 psi that it's supposed to be. When I got into warmer weather I had no problem. I guess I should mention that next time it goes to the dealer.
I had the same problem I had the dealer set them to 35 psi and i never had an issue since. I think they are pretty sensitive to small changes or maybe they go off if you get under 30 psi in them or something. But I live in Bozeman Montana so i have seen 90+ degree days and sub zero days all in the last 3 months. My Z has just under 24,000 miles and i have had it since april 14.

·
Registered
4 Posts
One week, 1100 miles, 3 fill ups. She is a '12 and all I can say is "I Love It". She had 3 miles when I bought her. Reminds me of my 1984 CR-X, only I got 50+ mpg from her.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had the same problem I had the dealer set them to 35 psi and i never had an issue since. I think they are pretty sensitive to small changes or maybe they go off if you get under 30 psi in them or something. But I live in Bozeman Montana so i have seen 90+ degree days and sub zero days all in the last 3 months. My Z has just under 24,000 miles and i have had it since april 14.
My dealer insists on setting the tire pressure at 34 lbs (the sticker on the car says 30) but for better handling (in autoX) and a mile or two better MPG, 40-45 works better.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Congrats. Glad to hear that the car is holding up with no problems save the damn fog lights. I'm in the same boat.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just hit 83000 km so I thing thats like 52000 miles....ish.

I live in Canada and drive this thing year round as my daily commuter to and from work. Its about 150km a day round trip.

Just been regular maint for me, I replaced my fogs once and they smashed the next day. I complained to Honda canada about bad design, but they basically told me "No one else is having these issues" lol

My Tires will need replacing next Service....I might take the opportunity to get some nicer Rims...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts