Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
For us in the states, it ooks like NHTSC has rated the car at long last posted the results on its website and it only rated 3 stars on the "new" scale. There is actually three different ratings. It got 3 stars on front impact, 3 stars on side, and 5 for rollover.

It seems the new scale is a lot harder to get five stars however, so I would not consider this an unsafe car like I would if the rated it under the old scale... tere's not many cars tested under the new guidelines, but there are some examples of cars which did well on the old test, but not on the new. 2010 Camery - 5 star on both front and side. 2011 Camery - only 3 star. Unfortunatly the NHTSA does not show why a particular 2011 car might have gotten a lower either. 2010 cars have lots of numbers to go with the test, but they don't show the numbers for 2011 cars....

Source: 2011 Honda CR-Z 3-Door Hatchback | 2011 5-Star Safety Ratings | Safercar.gov | NHTSA

· Registered
887 Posts
yeah, kind of sad(was hoping for a great insurance rate).. I just looked through about 15 random ratings and none are as low as the crz!!
The accord gets 5 stars on all 3 ratings on the US test, and on the European test did worse than the crz.

Actually, it was just explained to me that the average car in the US is bigger... So, our little crz would more likely get more beat up over here than the larger Accord, etc. I guess the tests take that into account.

· Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, average car sizes in America are way bigger. Generally European mid-sized family cars are classed as compacts in America, like the Golf. The one that made me laugh was the Subaru Legacy being classified as a compact. It's a land yacht!

We are a very pedestrian friendly car though. When I run someone over, I'm going to demand they thank me for not buying a Scirocco.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.