Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 stock OEM CR-Z TPMS sensors. All are working.

However, 1 is missing the center valve. Not sure why, the idiots who pulled them must have lost it when I had them pulled. I think you can get a replacement though, or if you are replacing yours.. it will work.

Either way.. make an offer!

·
Super Moderator
5,945 Posts
why not keep them for when your current ones fail maintenance kit includes the nut and core and batteries in current ones will fail eventually

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why not keep them for when your current ones fail maintenance kit includes the nut and core
They are an extra set.. and I run the MX sensors now. Trying to clean stuff outta my pile of stuff!!

Would be good for someone who wants a cheap set of OEM replacements!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm not too familiar with the system on the CR-Z and it seems different cars all work differently. I'm currently looking for another CR-Z (first one was totalled) and when I buy it I plan to swap to some different wheels. If I bought these TPMS sensors from you could I then swap two sets of wheels back and forth seamlessly? Or, would this require that I reprogram the TPMS computer to match the sensors every time I swapped wheels?

·
Super Moderator
5,945 Posts
this require that I reprogram the TPMS computer to match the sensors every time I swapped wheels?
For your scenario you want one set of OEM and one set of cloneable sensors.

So as far as the car knows you have one set of wheels.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Colin Len: yeah, your car can only hold (1) set in its memory I'm pretty sure. So this would be more if you wanted to replace one with OEM if you were gonna get them added to your wheel ECU anyways.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks @Spdbump and @d1giPhux I had thought that might be the case since that's how my Tacoma works. Strange that the CR-Z is different from the CR-V. On my fiance's CR-V there's no actual sensor and the pressure is monitored some other strange way. Sure was nice not having to pay for new sensors when I replaced the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
5,945 Posts
Thanks @Spdbump and @d1giPhux I had thought that might be the case since that's how my Tacoma works. Strange that the CR-Z is different from the CR-V. On my fiance's CR-V there's no actual sensor and the pressure is monitored some other strange way. Sure was nice not having to pay for new sensors when I replaced the wheels.
There are two ways to monitor tire pressure.

1) a sensor in the valve or attached to the wheel.

2) using the wheel speed sensor that is part of the ABS.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are two ways to monitor tire pressure.

1) a sensor in the valve or attached to the wheel.

2) using the wheel speed sensor that is part of the ABS.
Wheel speed sensor to measure tire pressure? Thats a new one on me. Didn't know that!!. How is that possible though?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wheel speed sensor to measure tire pressure? Thats a new one on me. Didn't know that!!. How is that possible though?
It uses the size or rotations per min of the wheel..... when the tire loses air. The size or rotation will deviate from the others. Boom-tpms light comes on

·
Super Moderator
5,945 Posts
This method also has no batteries to replace( but to replace battery you have to replace the whole sensor) and vehicles that use it will usually tell you which wheel has the issue.

It uses the size or rotations per min of the wheel..... when the tire loses air. The size or rotation will deviate from the others. Boom-tpms light comes on

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Got_vdub @Spdbump : very cool info!! Didn't know that!!

I wonder though, what happens if you change wheel sizes / non oem tire size? Also, speed sensors are more of a pain to replace when broken.

Pretty cool they have that though.

·
Super Moderator
5,945 Posts
@Got_vdub @Spdbump : very cool info!! Didn't know that!!

I wonder though, what happens if you change wheel sizes / non oem tire size? Also, speed sensors are more of a pain to replace when broken.

Pretty cool they have that though.
As long as all 4 wheels are same size system works as it looks for differences.

the speed sensor is already on the car for the ABS so they are using a part for multiple purposes.

TPMS sensors have one purpose and have to be replaced when batteries fail.
Difference between failure and planned replacement.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.