Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm contemplating a 6-speed CR-Z and I have a question about the shifter. The spring in the shifter that keeps you out of the reverse gate seems REALLY weak in this car. Meaning, shifting from 4th to 5th requires very light pressure or you end up in a dead end.

I assume it's common and was wondering if there is an improved shifter out there yet that makes the reverse gate harder to enter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had the CR-Zed (6MT in UK) since July 10, never had any issues with going into reverse accidently, the gear box on this car is superb, one of the slickest I've ever had.
Why try to change something that does the job!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
The shifter locks out reverse once you're moving forward, you can't move the shifter further to the right than the 5th and 6th gear gates. I've never had a problem at all with even coming close to shifting into reverse accidentally.

My 91 Accord had a similar setup, being a 5-speed it's reverse gear was where 6th gear is in the CRZ, but you couldn't shift into it accidentally when going from 5th to 4th, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah gotcha... haven't driven it yet but running through the gears in a stopped car, there was no defined 5/6 gate. So the R gate way off to the right is blocked when the car is in motion... that makes sense now! Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.