Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 659 Posts

·
CRZ-FORUM HATER
1,496 Posts
I will update this thread in the coming months with new info, stay tuned!

It's that time again folks, time to get ready for the annual dragon meet. We had a total of 19 CR-Z's show up from 12 different states last year. This meet will be the biggest and best we have had so don't miss it this year!

Recap threads from previous years:

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/u-s/40354-2014-dragon-recap-thread.html

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/u-s/15781-2013-dragon-run-recap-thread.html

Where: US 129/The Dragon/Deals Gap

When: July 30th-August 2nd, 2015.

Lodging: Fontana Dam Village Resort. Please send me a PM if your interested staying in a cabin. Ill have 4 cabins reserved this year since last year was a bit crowded. 5 people can stay in a cabin, so I'll have about 20 spots. Please see page 49 if your staying in the cabins. If your not staying in a cabin with everyone, you can call and book a lodge room for your self for those days. (They are around $79 a night)

Also there is ZERO cell reception within 10-20 miles of the resort. The lodge has free WIFI and minor cell phone service for people with verizon. That in mind please have a walkie talkie so all of us can keep in contact. We will be using channel 8 this year. See activities portion for more info.

Attendee List:

1. Carzee MO
2. Romiata VA
3. Item9 FL
4. CinCrz OH
5. Deathineminor MD
6. Realtallshorty TN
7. Kenju1 GA
8. Shawnfrontier MI
9. HondaHolly+RachetRex NY
10. Cryoz MS
11. Varmint MA
12. Alan bunch of numbers IL
13. ArtJDM FL
14. B-rad IL
15. Numberoneoppa FL
16. Meatguy87 + 1 FL
17. Chak Attack GA
18. Mattchew101
19. Emjay FL
20. STTrice FL
21. Dezigner TN
22. Blackaneseman + 1 ON
23. 910CRZEX
24. Remc86007 FL
25. bzrollin MA
26. Jmanb904
27. StephenRM PA
28. Mikedotd MA
29. Ejohnson95 IN
30. Coldglow SC
31. Newtomecrz GA
32. Scrz VA
33. Litz OH

Current cabin lodging list:

O.G. Cabin 1 (3 BDRM):
1. Carzee + 1
2. Alan bunch of numbers (PAID)
3. Item9 (PAID)
4. Kenju1 (30th-2nd) (PAID)
5. Romiata (30th-2nd) (PAID)
6. CinCrz (30th-2nd) (PAID)

Cabin 2:
6. B-rad + 1 (30th-2nd) (PAID)
7. Numberoneopa (PAID)
8. Emjay (PAID)
9. STTrice (PAID)
10. Chak Attack (PAID)

Cabin 3:
11. HondaHolly+RachetRex (30th-2nd) (PAID)
13. StephenRM (PAID)
14. Blackaneseman + 1 (PAID)
15. Mattchew101

Cabin 4:
16. Cryoz (30th-2nd) (PAID)
17. Shawnfrontier (30th-2nd) (PAID)
18. Deathineminor + 1 (30th-2nd) (PAID)
19. Goose
20. 910CRZEX

Activities:

Thursday- Arrival date. Check in is at 4pm so most people will arrive around then. Once I get cabin numbers figured out everyone will be able to meet at their own cabin. This day will mostly be spent unpacking, introductions and getting to know everyone. We will hangout and check out everyone's cars and such. In the evening we will probably do a bonfire. Also for everyone who has been to dragon before we will probably do a night run and hangout at the scenic overlook.

Friday- Anyone up early enough can join us on a morning run through the dragon. Afterwards, I was thinking about taking a trip up to gatlinburg/pigeon forge around noon. We could do lunch somewhere and then visit the moonshine distillery. After we can go to a place called star cars. They have a bunch of cars from various movies. I'm down for whatever afterwards (maybe go-carting?)

Friday night we will do drunk kickball and beer exchange. So don't forget to bring some local brews from where ever your from!

Saturday- We will do a group photo shoot at the bottom of the Fontana Dam this year. Be there no later than 10am!!! Please make sure you know how to get to the bottom of the dam beforehand. Item9 has a good idea for a group photo, so well see how that goes.

After the photo shoot, we will be doing the cherohala skyway cruise. I'm thinking this year we could try doing this route backwards just to mix it up a bit. This is around a 3-4 hour drive. Location E is where we start and end. . Don't worry, we will stop at various points and take some pics!

After we get back from cherohala, meatguy87 will be grilling up some dinner for everyone. Later on that night we will probably do a bonfire as well.

Sunday-

About the Where:
The Dragon is a stretch of Hwy 129 going through the great smokey mountains of NC and TN. Its a very popular twisty road for motorcycles and car clubs to drive through. People from all over the world come here every year to drive these roads and I've heard there aren't many roads that can compare to US129. All you people who take a lot of pics will especially love it because they're professional photographers on a majority of the twisty turns taking pictures. I've been going to the dragon for the last 5 years and always have a blast every time I go.

About the Lodging:
I've stayed at Fontana dam village the last 5 years and its a very nice place. They have a bunch of cabins and lodge rooms. If you want your own privacy you can get a Lodge room from $79 and up and if you don't mind staying with a few others then Cabins are generally $129 and up. Steve (Morningz) the owner of team-integra.net has been so kind as to book us four 2 bedroom cabins under his group rate for this years meets.

I encourage anyone and everyone who loves to drive, young/old, girl/guy, whoever to make it out this year. We had a very diverse crowd in 2014, so everyone and anyone is welcome to join this year.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Please add me for a cabin Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Thank you! 90% chance I'll be able to make it! but will let you know way before hand :scared:

·
Registered
235 Posts
While I cannot commit at this time, I plan on making every effort to attend! :wavey:

Hey Carzee, how long in advance do you need to be notified about lodging arrangements? I probably will not know for sure until around April whether or not I will be able to attend.

·
CRZ-FORUM HATER
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me and my GF will be there. Cabin is fine for all the days.
Will anybody be down there on Wednesday (July 29th)? We were thinking of drving down that day so we have the full day thursday to do stuff
Yeah I most likely will be. Brad and I got there wednesday last year.

Oh...Im guessing there are hoses on site??? Or a carwash semi close?
Yes they have a little "car wash station" in the village.

·
CRZ-FORUM HATER
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While I cannot commit at this time, I plan on making every effort to attend! :wavey:

Hey Carzee, how long in advance do you need to be notified about lodging arrangements? I will not know until around April whether or not I will be able to attend.
More than likely I will open reservations for lodging around that time. We managed to squeeze a few last minute people in last year so you should be okay.

·
Registered
415 Posts
After following last year's meet so closely I don't think I have any choice but to try and come up this time around. Not 100% but it really shouldn't be a problem making this work. I'm probably sitting at like 85% right now and I'll be able to find out soon if I'm good to go.

Aggressive driving on mountain roads, drunk kickball, and an opportunity to see everyone's Z's? Hell yeah.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I'm 95% in bubbies - The wife might join again (since it is our anniversary weekend) :p

Probly getting a cabin for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Will also set up another South Pre-Meet again for a Thursday lunch in the same spot as last year (NorthWest side of Atlanta) then drive our small crew up 3-4 hours to the resort for check in around 4-5ish on Thursday - Thread soon to come

I'll be willing to do the meal cooking as well - maybe need some help (extra hands or help picking up some food and stuff from a store in Ashville) But i'll get a menu and grocery list together and we can work that all out once it gets closer

little tip for everyone - bring/buy/drink LOTS of water and snacks (if you don't wanna eat any meals) - it's all fun to drive the dragon a lot and get drunk at night with everyone - but we don't want people getting dehydrated and getting the shakes while trying to whip around the mountain roads!
:thumbsup:

here's also a little safety write up a few of us put together after last years adventures :)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R7almSr_nAptF5zitonrUchA62E8EFQ8iDq6rETS1s0/edit?usp=sharing

can't wait to see you all again

added video link to the safety document - and here it is as well - I learned a lot this weekend on how to drive/control the car under unusual driving from my day to day - so needless to say I'll be better this year - plus I have more performance upgrade to help control the body

·
Red&Black
6,006 Posts
I took off July 30 and 31 at work :thumbsup:

Count me in for a cabin bed Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights. I'll leave early Sunday morning like last time so I can work at 6am the next day.. :wallbash:

Can't wait to see everyone again!!

Not sure if my boyfriend is coming again this year or not. He needs to take the days off from work still. Whether I pay Corey in time for the big bed in the cabin, or a twin bed, I just want a bed this time. The couches sucked BUTT.

1 - 20 of 659 Posts