Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 GT PPW
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone have any 3d plans for a 3 gauge pod that will replace the top lid of the centre storage box ontop of the dash above headunit.

Looking to get one printed.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2010 GT PPW
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take it that no one has any 3d files for one then?

That's a shame. Wish I could do a custom fibre glass one but I don't know a thing about it or how to do it.

·
Super Moderator
6,638 Posts
Watch the car shows on TV they make custom fiberglass items all the time. I think another member here made a replacement lid for that compartment. I do not remember or can find the postings. Good luck getting what you want.

To make fiberglass you need flease, Fiberglass resin and fiber glass mat and something to mold it over that you can coat with a release agent or a spare cover for that compartment.

·
Registered
2010 GT PPW
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have any software or anything it was to supply someone that has a 3d printer who is able to print for me.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
60 Posts
Unless you're good with fabrication and fiberglass, I would just pay Ortiz Custom Pods to make you one. All of their pods are made using OEM parts and trim pieces to ensure 100% fit on whatever vehicle you want it for. They also offer discounts if you send your trim piece to them, which is what I did. Their products are listed in alphabetical order, so the CRZ pods are about 2/3 down this page.

Check the last page of my build thread to see pics before and after install.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts