Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Revealing Photos

Thank you for posting these "real" un-enhanced photos. My least favorite part of the car is the wide plastic gulf between the top of the hood and the bottom of the windshield. I'm sure there are reasons for it, but it results in a weird set-back looking windshield and enhances the jutting nose. But I still like the car overall!

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My least favorite part of the car is the wide plastic gulf between the top of the hood and the bottom of the windshield. I'm sure there are reasons for it, but it results in a weird set-back looking windshield and enhances the jutting nose. But I still like the car overall!
i see what you mean from the side shots... but i looks to be about the same size as the current civic coupe/sedan
Some great 'real' photos of the car.
Thanks for the title fix :thumbsup:

· Registered
187 Posts
Thanks from me as also, bizzy.

The more pics I see of the actual car, the less I'm feeling it. The CR-Z looks pretty big (note how small the guy sitting in it looks) vs the original CR-X - not good. I understand about crash-worthiness, but to me, a sporty car is supposed to be small.

Also, the front end is really looking bad, especially in profile. I have no doubt that the design of the front end was dictated by Euro pedestrian impact regs. I'll still be checking it out once it arrives, but the CR-Z is looking more and more lame as we learn about it.

· Registered
122 Posts
My friend Mike was driving down Hayden Run Rd today in the Dublin/Hilliard area of Columbus and saw a Silver CR-Z with black tape over the badges travelling westbound about 1/2 mile from Frantz Rd. Spotted at about 4:05pm.

Honda R&D is about 30 minutes away in Marysville, and this is the 3rd new Honda/Acura Mike has seen around Dublin (how can he be so lucky?!): He also saw the current TSX and the current Accord Coupe before they were released, also with tape over the badges. The Accord was spotted in a Kroger parking lot so he posted pictures to Autoblog that time; unfortunately, no pics of the CR-Z as he was travelling in the opposite direction. Damn!

It is a bit odd that it would have been spotted here considering the car is being built in Japan, whereas the TSX and Accord are built at the Honda plant which is also in Marysville. Maybe an executive wanted to take it home for the weekend or something, who knows. Mike currently owns a 2006 Civic si and a 2007 S2000, so he is a Honda fanatic just like the rest of us.

He said the CR-Z looked amazing! I live about 5-6 miles from where he spotted it, so I will be keeping my eyes peeled for the rest of this weekend!

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my mom thought she saw a CR-Z pass in front of the house today... here's how that convo went...

mom - i think i saw that hybrid car you were showing me online...
me - did it have two doors?
mom - i think so... i remember seeing that liftgate thingy...
me - you mean hatch?
mom - yes...
me - what color was it?
mom - burgandy, i think... or was it silver?
me - wth, how can you confuse the two colors?
mom - idk hahaha...

hearing your story actually got me a little excited to have someone give "proper" feedback of the car rather than some guesses like my mom lol...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.