Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Congrats on an awesome first tank with all 3 modes! I've gotten between 38 and 43 mpg so far (per tank). This is all 3 modes as well, using the a/c, and driving on hilly/mountain roads and interstates.

·
Registered
8 Posts
im also getting the same results on all 3 driving modes. mine is lower now though, been in sport a lot more. :)
Hey, I'm in Racine - haven't seen you on the road yet, but I drive through Kenosha every day. I've been eying up the white 6spd ex they have at Rosen in Gurnee but have yet to pull the trigger, not 100% sure what color I want yet. Did you get a manual or cvt?

I got over 50 mpg on my test drives of the manual though, while being very easy on the throttle of course. I'd expect to see 40 or so in normal driving.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hello again all.. First tank lasted 447.8 miles. put in 10.5 gals of fuel. First full tank got 42.647 per gal. Computer read 42.4. Usually the car computers are alot more in difference, as in my truck it always reads about 1.2 to 2.0 gal difference, I was glad to see that as I am now reading 48.1 miles per gal (per computer reading). First tank included several sport test drives with co-workers, so hoping this tank will hold out for 45 plus. Will up date again after 2nd tank. Dealer said something about it will get better after "break-in" Anyone know when "break-in" is?? Is it a certain milage? My comute is 20 min. city and 30 min. highway, so not quite 50/50 city hwy..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Second tank.. 39 and all interstate at 70 mph.. With the cruise set in econ mode. Drove from savannah, ga to hotlanta and them to athens for the UGA game. Had the car for one week and just hit the 1000 mile mark.... Love this car

·
Registered
360 Posts
Second tank.. 39 and all interstate at 70 mph.. With the cruise set in econ mode. Drove from savannah, ga to hotlanta and them to athens for the UGA game. Had the car for one week and just hit the 1000 mile mark.... Love this car
Another great tank! I've got about 1600 miles on mine (bought it on 8/24/10).

I'm south of you in Brunswick and took the CR-Z up to Savannah, then onto 16 through Macon, 75 through Atlanta and on up to Blue Ridge, GA. I scooted around up there and also North Carolina and Tennessee for about 5 days. I couldn't resist using Sport mode on the interstate though. :)

My mileage has ranged from 38.1 to 43.9 so far (though I did do a 62 mile 54.4 mpg local sightseeing trip today to Jekyll Island - it was all Econ driving in the 35-55 mph range.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.