Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Puget Sound WA area. The Sandboxes are maybe seeing the light (freedom or the hope thereof), but looks like the commodity speculators are freeking out. Holding at around 97.00 a BBL for the regular stuff.

But, who knows. We (in the US) may see 4.00 in a while. CR-Z owners will be loving life more so than most. Get ready to take off that Seat Belt (figuratively speaking of course) and put her in ECON when appropriate...

It'll pay for itself when compared to most other vehicles.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
we are already paying the equivalent of 4.5 per gallon in canada. and have for quite some time.

In the states you guys are paying something like .87 per litre meanwhile were paying 1.20

Sorry to say but you guys dont get any sympathy from me.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha, most of that is tax I would imagine. Is it without representation? Revolt, take to the streets!!
:blush:
Goes back to that Treaty of Paris thing in 1783 I think.

I'm teasing of course. :hi5:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Ha, most of that is tax I would imagine. Is it without representation? Revolt, take to the streets!!
depends what Province you live in, but most of them now have this "HST" sales tax of 15% on anything you buy which started in July 2010 so that jacked up our prices a bit.

there used to be 2 taxes before, GST Federal tax of 7% and PST Provincial Tax which was 8%, but on Gas and certain other things we would Only pay the 7% GST. in July 2010 they merged both taxes into 1 making it the HST and now EVERYTHING is 15% no matter what so that jacked up the prices of things we were only paying the 7% tax on.

don't worry, we're not pulling an Egypt in Canada cus we're so Passive and friendly that we're the ones who say "I'm Sorry" when we're the ones getting Raped.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Last week it jumped $0.10 over night and last night went up another $0.06. $3.25 per gallon here.

On a side note, anyone know how to make a cent sign on the computer?

·
Registered
675 Posts
$3.75 heree...
it used to cost me 25bucks per tank. now its 29 =.= AWH

·
Registered
666 Posts
After trading in my gas guzzling 2010 Camaro SS on Wednesday (got a new SSM CR-Z EX 6 speed) I did the math and my new CR-Z will save me almost $2,300 the first year in gasoline and insurance! :thumbsup:

Let the gas go up...it doesn't bother me as much with THIS car!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Puget Sound WA area. The Sandboxes are maybe seeing the light (freedom or the hope thereof), but looks like the commodity speculators are freeking out. Holding at around 97.00 a BBL for the regular stuff.

But, who knows. We (in the US) may see 4.00 in a while. CR-Z owners will be loving life more so than most. Get ready to take off that Seat Belt (figuratively speaking of course) and put her in ECON when appropriate...

It'll pay for itself when compared to most other vehicles.
Filled up at the Everett Costco for 3.219 today so it's not all bad.. just need to pick decent areas to price it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.