Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ha, try that in the Northeast, your car would be dissolved. Knew of a father/son pharmaceutical rep team in Nevada with a pair of CRXs who'd racked up over 300,000 each. Nothing better than smooth, salt-free highways.

·
1,322 Posts
Great news. I tried to tell about my 2,000 and 3,000 landmarks, but they stuffed a gym sock in my mouth and pulled the other one down over my head. Like I was six or something.
1) 2,000 and 3,000 miles are not landmarks for a Honda
2) There are PLENTY of these threads, InsighttoCRZ is paving the way for all your posting needs
3) The socks were clean

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
1) 2,000 and 3,000 miles are not landmarks for a Honda
Well, they sure are for an old man who's never owned a new car before.
2) There are PLENTY of these threads, InsighttoCRZ is paving the way for all your posting needs
Yes, but they aren't my threads, and every morning getting on that little bus they tell me I am special.
3) The socks were clean
They didn't taste like it. Gaaak.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
10,000 no issues.
20,000 no issues.
30,000 no issues.
*40,000 cracked fog light lens.
Honda replaced at no cost.
50,000 no issues.
60,000 no issues.
70,000 no issues.
80,000 no issues.
90,000 no issues.
100,00 no issues.
110,000 no issues.
120,000 no issues.
130,000 no issues.
140,000 no issues.
150,000 no issues.
160,000 driver side HID burnt out and replaced both sides. $170
170,000 replaced front battery. $130
180,000 no issues.
190,000 no issues.
200,000 no issues.
210,000 no issues.
220,000 no issues.
230,000 catalytic converter and rear O2 sensor. $1,300
240,000 no issues.

I still have my factory brake pads.

·
Premium Member
5,916 Posts
...I still have my factory brake pads.
That's amazing! My personal best, was going the first 150,000 miles before having to replace brake pads on the Civic Si I had.

·
Super Moderator
5,607 Posts
If the brake pads were replaced he might throw himself through the windshield!:laugh:

In all seriousness do they still meet the minimum thickness for them? It is amazing to me that the brake pads( and rotors?) have not needed replacing in that many miles.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If the brake pads were replaced he might throw himself through the windshield!:laugh:

In all seriousness do they still meet the minimum thickness for them? It is amazing to me that the brake pads( and rotors?) have not needed replacing in that many miles.

They do. It's a big concern of mine. Every 5k miles when I rotate my tires I have the dealer look at them and so far they've said there's plenty of meat on the pads.

I'm a little surprised they've lasted this long. I do drive with plenty of space between me and the next car. I coast to stop signs and red lights and I down shift as much possible. I just would've thought that by now one of rotors would be warped. I do avoid puddles but I've hit multitudes of them in 7 years. One would think that one of those would have done it by now.

·
Super Moderator
5,607 Posts
You seem to be rotating the tires a lot more frequently than most do. Are you cross rotating? How many miles to a set of tires or do you do the tires by time?

I rotate mine when the MID says so but I always tell them to cross rotate. I am on my second set of tires but The Speed Bump only has 42k miles on it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You seem to be rotating the tires a lot more frequently than most do. Are you cross rotating? How many miles to a set of tires or do you do the tires by time?

I rotate mine when the MID says so but I always tell them to cross rotate. I am on my second set of tires but The Speed Bump only has 42k miles on it.

Yeah I rotate every 5k because it's what Discount Tire recommended. They do cross rotate. I'm on my third set now. I brought the current set at around 180,000. I'm hoping to get another 20,000 out of them. Before I get on the interstate every weekend I check my cold tire pressure to confirm it's at 30psi. I don't lower or raise it depending on the season. I always leave it the same.

Starting on September 1st though I'm going to be driving a lot less. I've accepted a job where I work from home and fly across the country for third of the year. So my CR-Z is going to start getting some much needed rest.

·
Super Moderator
5,607 Posts
Yeah I rotate every 5k because it's what Discount Tire recommended. They do cross rotate. I'm on my third set now. I brought the current set at around 180,000. I'm hoping to get another 20,000 out of them. Before I get on the interstate every weekend I check my cold tire pressure to confirm it's at 30psi. I don't lower or raise it depending on the season. I always leave it the same.

Starting on September 1st though I'm going to be driving a lot less. I've accepted a job where I work from home and fly across the country for third of the year. So my CR-Z is going to start getting some much needed rest.
I want to be you! :smile2:I hope to meet or exceed your lack of major issues with the car. My first set of tires only lasted about 27K miles. I am hoping the Pirelli P7s I bought will be on the car for a long time. I check my air pressure every 2 weeks on Sunday and keep them at 32.5 LBS throughout the year. I am hoping the Pirelli's will be much better than the Dunlops The Speed Bump came with.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.:smile2:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I want to be you! :smile2:I hope to meet or exceed your lack of major issues with the car. My first set of tires only lasted about 27K miles. I am hoping the Pirelli P7s I bought will be on the car for a long time. I check my air pressure every 2 weeks on Sunday and keep them at 32.5 LBS throughout the year. I am hoping the Pirelli's will be much better than the Dunlops The Speed Bump came with.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.:smile2:

First two sets were Dunlops and I have Pirellis now. I like the Pirellis a lot better because of how they handle in the rain.

Why do you keep your tires at 32 1/2 PSI and is that cold pressure?

·
Super Moderator
5,607 Posts
First two sets were Dunlops and I have Pirellis now. I like the Pirellis a lot better because of how they handle in the rain.

Why do you keep your tires at 32 1/2 PSI and is that cold pressure?
Cold Pressure and allows a safety factor for real cold weather. Any higher I found the car rides very hard. If I leave it lower I end up below 30 during winter. I just wanted a number I can run year round. The Pirellis have a very high maximum pressure so I picked based on sticker on car, the side wall and experimentation.:smile2:

I probably should just roll with 30>:) like Honda says on the sticker.:surprise:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts