Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Congrats! :thumbsup: Any major repairs at all? Anything you're concerned about or keeping an eye on at the moment? I just cracked 43,000 personally lol

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No major issues prior to today!

Typical stuff:
*Fog light lense replacement = $0
*Front battery replacement = $80
*Two sets of tires = $1200
*Driver side HID bulb burned out and replaced both = $150
*Gear shift selector light bulb burned out = $15

Brake pads though are still from the factory with a lot of meat on them left.

But I just found out my catalytic converter has gone bad. It's thrown a 240 code twice now and a O2 sensor code twice as well. The Honda tech thought it could have been possibly bad fuel up until today. I'm looking at about $1200 for the parts and labor. Thank goodness for Majestic Honda if not it would be $1800.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
No major issues prior to today!
Brake pads though are still from the factory with a lot of meat on them left.
Sounds like a driver who knows how to manage traffic, and take it easy on a car.
But I just found out my catalytic converter has gone bad. It's thrown a 240 code twice now and a O2 sensor code twice as well. The Honda tech thought it could have been possibly bad fuel up until today. I'm looking at about $1200 for the parts and labor. Thank goodness for Majestic Honda if not it would be $1800.
That kind of sucks, but not too badly, I guess. Good cut from Majestic.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you are at all handy, I'd recommend doing the converter change yourself. Majestic sells the part for $529 and unless the converter swap is way harder on a CR-Z than other Honda's, it's really easy to do. I think I did it on my old Accord in less than 30min.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you are at all handy, I'd recommend doing the converter change yourself. Majestic sells the part for $529 and unless the converter swap is way harder on a CR-Z than other Honda's, it's really easy to do. I think I did it on my old Accord in less than 30min.

The tech not the service adviser said it was a lot harder on the CR-Z because of how cramped and "backwards" the converter is sitting. I do all of the work on my car. But if it's something I haven't done before I typically let a tech handle it. I then observe them so I can do it myself the following time if need be.

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 16 of 16 Posts