Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do a fair amount of commuting and my girlfriend lives 480 miles away so that helps in racking up the miles. A lot of miles, however, are from long distance endurance drives. In 2014 my buddy and I drove to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska (6,500 miles RT). In 2015 another friend and I drove it to Mexico, Guatemala, and Belize (10,500 miles RT). And in January 2016 we took it up north to the Arctic to experience the ice roads and frozen tundra (6,500 miles RT). The car has held up amazingly well. Zero problems, just basic maintenance. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere at a moments notice. Its a very reliable and trustworthy vehicle, even under extreme conditions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I plan on contacting Honda. Not for a reward or anything but just to let them know they made an excellent vehicle that has gotten me through many sketchy situations. Car manufacturers get a lot of complaints, I doubt they get nearly as much positive feedback and I'm sure someone somewhere would appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,945 Posts
I know some Manufacturers provide grill emblems for mileage. I think Volvo and Mercedes have in the past. Does Honda? Maybe they will buy yours back as a high mileage example and give you the 2016 equivalent of it? Volvo did something for a million mile car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know some Manufacturers provide grill emblems for mileage. I think Volvo and Mercedes have in the past. Does Honda? Maybe they will buy yours back as a high mileage example and give you the 2016 equivalent of it? Volvo did something for a million mile car.
I like the way you think. I'll see what I can do and keep you posted :grin2:
Our next endurance drive is to Ushuaia, Argentina. Our final goal is to complete the Pan-American Highway in record time. The current record from Deadhorse AK, to Ushuaia is 11 days, 17 hours... We'll have well over 250,000 miles at that point. We'll see what Honda has to say after that :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
5,945 Posts
I like the way you think. I'll see what I can do and keep you posted :grin2:
Our next endurance drive is to Ushuaia, Argentina. Our final goal is to complete the Pan-American Highway in record time. The current record from Deadhorse AK, to Ushuaia is 11 days, 17 hours... We'll have well over 250,000 miles at that point. We'll see what Honda has to say after that :wink2:
Or maybe you can get a full restoration on Honda's credit card.:grin2:

I hope The Speed Bump lasts as long as yours. I'll be driving from TX to NY next week. Not epic like you but still a long trip I hope I get 46 MPG like the trip from VA to TX in November of 2014

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
WOW nice!!...and here I am a 2011 w/ only 72k :rotfl::rotfl:

·
Red&Black
6,005 Posts
Impressive indeed! I think it would be a great thing to tell Honda they did a good job. Someone somewhere will be very happy and hopefully pass your info along!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I do a fair amount of commuting and my girlfriend lives 480 miles away so that helps in racking up the miles.
Way to make me feel like a bad bf. ha ha I complain a lot to my 23 year old gf about the friggin journey i have to drive to see her because I am the only one who drives us around because her parents are old fashioned, God fearing, Christian Mexicanos who believe that its up to the man to pick up the woman! Lets break it down. She lives 31 miles away. Thats 62 round trip picking her up and bringing her back to my city. Then i have to take her back home so thats 62 x 2 = 124. Double that every weekend which is 248 miles for sat and sun. Then 248 x 4 weekends in a month = 992 miles a month. And thats just by going back and forth to each others houses! My job is only 10 miles round trip so all my miles on my car are obviously racking up just to spend time to see her. I already told her ass that i'm buying bus passes so i can save my car and she threw a fit! lol i even thought about buying a beater car to pick her up in and she hated that idea too. I just can't win. lol Oh well. Anyway, what mode do you drive in mostly? Does it behave in sport mode just as nicely as it did when it was brand new? Or do you baby it now just in case it breaks something if you drive it to hard? lol:thumbup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats!! I only have 63k on my 11, but I do plan on having the wife take it on some road trips to visit some family members. I hope I have as much success as you did with my CRZ.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
113 Posts
That is a truly impressive lack of problems for a car with over 220,000 miles!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts