Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i bought my crz about a month ago and took it to sd on a turkey hunting trip with me and one friend. We travelled a total of about 2150 miles mostly interstate with a fully loaded car. We had 3 bows, 3 turkey decoys, a blind, 2 bags of clothes, and i made a stop for work and did some product sampling which i carried one box that was a 12x24x10" box and a 8x14x18" box. All of it fit nice and snugly in the back of the crz as long as i made sure to pack things in the right fashion. Needless to say we where weighted down fairly heavily. The road from bozeman mt to sioux falls sd is fairly hilly interstate highway where i set the cruise anywhere from 80-83 mph. With the climate conrol on and hitting rain storms for the last 400 miles i averaged 36.2 mpg for the total trip. The one way interstate trip(more elevation drop and nicer weather) treated me with an average of 37.6 mpg. Needless to say i am very happy with that for the speeds i was traveling and the amount of weight we had in the car. With over 4,000 miles on the car now i am very pleased with my purchase and have no regrets selling my truck to buy the car(except some of the montana backroads we traveled on our way back where a little sketchy but the crz made it either way)

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
That sounds like a great adventure! I wish we had opportunities to drive like that here (Hawaii)
Yea, That (island fever) was the main reason transferred and took a job up here in the Rainy Pacific Northwest after 10 or so years on Hawaii. Have a few of them "what was I thinking moments", but nice to get out and take road trips.

But do miss having the wife on the back of the Harley, riding around and parking in Waikiki on one of the cab turnouts or taking a saturday and the Harley up H3 to 83 to kahuku, buy some live shrimp, put em in the backpack on ice, making the rounds to north shore and then back down H2 to H1 and then home and shrimpys on the barbi...

Sorry off topic. Colin just stoked a memory...

Edit: But the entity I work for does have detachments on Oahu and Kauai so I have to travel there twice a year. Plan on being on Oahu latter part of June..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i really enjoy driving and driving the crz is a huge difference from driving the full size trucks i have been used to and i will say that a group of mule deer on the side of the road at night doing 75 looks much bigger in a crz than a truck. Other than that i can't complain about the gas mileage. I would say that at about half the gas stations we stopped at either me or my friend where asked about the car. I am trying to see how good of mileage i can get on my current tank and 106 miles into it i am averaging 48 mpg. But i will say i am doing everything in my power to get the best mileage possible.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Awesome, another long distance traveller! I just did a 4,100 mile trip (LA-CHI-LA, two different routes) and averaged about the same gas mileage 37-38. I was heavily loaded down too, only one person in the car but had all my tools (400 piece hand-tool set, floor jacks, stands, parts, photography gear and a week's worth of general living supplies). Struggled a little through the iced-up roads through the Colorado mountains, and had strong winds and rain most of the trip, but it was still a great trip.

You never said where you went on your trip!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, another long distance traveller! I just did a 4,100 mile trip (LA-CHI-LA, two different routes) and averaged about the same gas mileage 37-38. I was heavily loaded down too, only one person in the car but had all my tools (400 piece hand-tool set, floor jacks, stands, parts, photography gear and a week's worth of general living supplies). Struggled a little through the iced-up roads through the Colorado mountains, and had strong winds and rain most of the trip, but it was still a great trip.

You never said where you went on your trip!
Sorry about that. I started out in bozeman montana and took I90 all the way to sioux falls south dakota. From there i did about 250 miles during the weekend on 55mph highways to city streets to gravel roads. Then i went halfway back to bozeman on I90 and then took backroads looking for some hunting properties up to miles city then interstate all the way back to bozeman again. We left town last thursday evening and returned home monday evening.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.