Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yea theres so many good stuff!!!
I got it only with the HD front camera. Super easy to install. Oh, my main fuse blew out after installing so car had no hybrid motor and no lights i was freaking out so bad but it was just the main #1 fuse. Seems like a common thing to blow when changing the radio system.
Ahh thanks for letting me know about that. I think I'll remove the main #1 fuse in case to prevent this from happening when I go to switch this head unit out for the Teyes.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
279 Posts
Yea theres so many good stuff!!!
I got it only with the HD front camera. Super easy to install. Oh, my main fuse blew out after installing so car had no hybrid motor and no lights i was freaking out so bad but it was just the main #1 fuse. Seems like a common thing to blow when changing the radio system.
Uhhh wow, so the fuse problem is a known issue when changing out the radio system? I've never heard of the fuse problem which seems like quite a risk just to change out the radio. Any idea how the main fuse blew out, did you not disconnect the battery when doing the install?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Uhhh wow, so the fuse problem is a known issue when changing out the radio system? I've never heard of the fuse problem which seems like quite a risk just to change out the radio. Any idea how the main fuse blew out, did you not disconnect the battery when doing the install?
Yea, from what I've read its a typical issue. I mean its a fuse... Simple. And no i did not disconnected the battery. I should've I guess. But its all good.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
279 Posts
Yea, from what I've read its a typical issue. I mean its a fuse... Simple. And no i did not disconnected the battery. I should've I guess. But its all good.
:ROFLMAO: I figured that may have been the case, now I don't have to worry when I try replacing the radio myself.

Reactions: HalfBitZero

·
Registered
83 Posts
Haven't decided on what I'm doing with the Z but in my HCH3 i installed a lexxon from Amazon. It's not the greatest, but it's ok. I installed it, and a backup camera because the car originally didn't have one. For basic use it's fine, I'm still trying to figure out the nav. It came with a GPS antenna but I can't get it to connect. A link to my installation video.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! 10000% recommend Teyes cc3. Absolutely amazing stuff. If you have trouble with installation hit me up. Did have yo modify a thing or two but man it was easy to install!

I got it from their website not ali express. Their website is australian.

Anyway 100% recommend.
Hi! wanted to look on the Teyes cc3 for my Honda CR-Z 2011 base but jsut curious.
  • is everything easy to install? first time modifying my cr-z as im a new owner.
  • Is everything compatible as i only have the normal radio and stuff? rear camera as well?

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi! wanted to look on the Teyes cc3 for my Honda CR-Z 2011 base but jsut curious.
  • is everything easy to install? first time modifying my cr-z as im a new owner.
  • Is everything compatible as i only have the normal radio and stuff? rear camera as well?

Thanks!
It should be pretty easy depending on your skill level. I’m planning on getting the Teyes CC3 with 360 camera and other add ons later this summer. Planning on switching out all the factory speakers and get a amp that has optical to use the optical out on the CC3 unit for digital audio signal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! 10000% recommend Teyes cc3. Absolutely amazing stuff. If you have trouble with installation hit me up. Did have yo modify a thing or two but man it was easy to install!

Anyway 100% recommend.
I've been looking at this Teyes unit as well. Do you have the stock subwoofer and does it work? Also, wondering about that little compartment on the dash just above the radio, does it close as it's supposed to? I have also looked at the Coho but after seeing same YouTube video you linked above I'm pretty sold on this one. I was going to order via AliExpress through the Teyes store, is there actually a difference? Also, did you get your steering wheel buttons to work without getting a canbus or whatever it is supposed to be? Lastly, do you recommend removing the #1 fuse before doing the install and does that reset any other systems? I have a 2013 EX non-nav w/sub.

·
Registered
Liverpool red CR-Z ex
100 Posts
I'm old and hence old school. I'm not big on the new car big screen no cd dashboards.

Someone earlier quoted a pecking order for HU mfr's but i think they got it backwards. It should be Alpine, Kenwood/Pioneer tie and then Sony. This all goes back to the days when the units were actually made in Japan. These days, you could shell out 1k for an Alpine and it will say MIC. Kenwood AKA Trio was merged with JVC. at some point in the past 10 years or so.

I still want a cd cos, I'm an old git. I don't see the point of running everything to a screen display when you can just put a phone cradle/arm in and keep things simple. I'm just giong to opt for another Kenwood and change the speakers out on on me zed that I'm picking up this coming Friday. I need to read up about power draw issues though before I consider an amp.

I used to do all my installs back in the day but, I'm older and getting around the car isn't as easy. I don't have a proper driveway or a garage to do the work in so I take it to someone who knows what they're doing. If it goes tits up, it's on them to sort it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm highly interested in the Teyes CC3 as well. David Pollo, I really appreciate all the information you've provided about your installation. If I could ask, did you use the internal microphone in the head unit (HU) or purchase an external microphone? I'd typically buy the external microphone but the Teyes website doesn't list it as one of the recommended accessories to buy with the HU for the CRZ and the CRZ is a pretty small car, so maybe it isn't needed? Also, if you did purchase the microphone, did you run it up into the headliner to replace the factory microphone? Has anyone installed the reverse camera? It appears as if it could be an "easier" process, replacing the current one and running the new line to the HU.

Thank you!

·
Registered
31 Posts

Anyway 100% recommend.
That looks great! Thanks for your feedback. I think this will be my birthday gift to myself.

So, aside from the HD camera, what else did you have to buy? I assume the harness. Did you have to get the Android auto dongle also? Did you have to buy anything so the steering wheel controls work? Did it come with the install dash panel or did you have to buy that separate?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Liverpool red CR-Z ex
100 Posts
My son saw the Teyes unit and he's all over it so I have a few questions after watching some videos of it.

Does anyone know where it's made? I keep seeing Russian used to describe features. Do people here have it connected to their phone for maps or a separate sim card? Has anyone fitted one of these to a 2012? All the photos I see show the hazard light button cutout on the bottom. Probably the most important question is about the built in amp. I have an ex with the factory Pioneer (?) amp installed. If I use the amp switch cable, does it turn off the internal amp? I really don't want to blow out the very good sounding factory Foster speakers.

·
Registered
Liverpool red CR-Z ex
100 Posts
I've been emailing back and forth with Dan Teyes about this unit and slowly getting answers. I'm still not sure if the unit has pre-outs or not and I'd need those because I don't want to lose the pioneer amp. The alternative is to go optical. I know a reasonable amount about optical and dsp's as I use this set up for my pc. The problem is it just adds to the cost.

If anyone here has the Teyes HU. What is the screen glare like? That one of the thing I'm worried about apart from the fact there doesn't seem to be a warranty and tech support is hard to get hold of. The last thing it the Teyes website only shows a fascia for zed's with the hazard button in the low position. My zed has it above the factory stereo. I can get a metra fascia if need be,

I could spend 500 on a Sony with the bonded anti glare screen and get a 3 year warranty vs buying some unknown brand of android unit. So me head makes me think I need to overrule the son's teyes desire.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Upgraded from 7 inch recessed android head unit to TEYES CC3 360 head unit. Very happy with it!

Next is to install the 4 cameras for 360 degree view for the unit which will probably take a full day or two. Need to figure out the wiring route from each camera to the unit and tap the signal for reverse and turn signal cameras.

Planning on upgrading the speakers and subs. Need to do a little research on doing digital optical out from the head unit and what good quality digital optical amps are available for cars. If I can’t find something worth it I might just do a regular amp with the pre-amp outputs.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Upgrqded from 7 inch recessed android head unit to TEYES CC3 360 head unit. Very happy with it!

Next is to install the 4 cameras for 360 degree view for the unit which will probably take a full day or two. Need to figure out the wiring route from each camera to the unit and tap the signal for reverse and turn signal cameras.

Planning on upgrading the speakers and subs. Need to do a little research on doing digital optical out from the head unit and what good quality digital optical amps are available for cars. If I can’t find something worth it I might just do a regular amp with the pre-amp outputs.

View attachment 68535
I just ordered the 32 gb. Just basic install, was everything included? I got the Lhd of aliexpress.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts