Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I was curious. I've been looking at the cup holder plastic housing, where the heated seat switches would be if I had a 2016. I'm thinking I get aftermarket heating elements and instead of using their provided switch I install an OEM 2016 panel with switches. Not 100% sure if they're identical measurements though. Anyone think I'm crazy? Anyone actually done this before?

Pics include a blurry pic of my CRZ, a 2016 example, and the parts catalogue.

Lemmi know what you folks think, I'll post updates if I decide to go through with this.
Heckin CRZs my dudes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,745 Posts
Great idea to get the OEM switches, but I think the trim piece they mount into is a little bit longer on the 2016 than the previous models (just not 100% sure--only 99.9%) So, you might not have enough of a flat space to mount them using your original trim piece (by cutting holes) in the same relative position either. But I'd at least get the switches, although I couldn't find the part# from a quick search.
The reason I think that panel is a little bit longer on the 2016, is because I know the shift boot trim area pieces are smaller in the 2016, which may be the reason--to make room for those switches. However, I think the Euro models of the earlier years have heated seat controls, so you might check with our friends across the pond for the location of their switches (thought they were behind the shift lever, instead of in front of it.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I looked into this myself in the past, and this would work.

FSM shows the switches in front of the shifter for 2011 years.

I considered doing this when I put my seat heaters in, but, i actually like my aftermarket switches better..

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Alright, so I was curious. I've been looking at the cup holder plastic housing, where the heated seat switches would be if I had a 2016. I'm thinking I get aftermarket heating elements and instead of using their provided switch I install an OEM 2016 panel with switches. Not 100% sure if they're identical measurements though. Anyone think I'm crazy? Anyone actually done this before?

Pics include a blurry pic of my CRZ, a 2016 example, and the parts catalogue.

Lemmi know what you folks think, I'll post updates if I decide to go through with this.
Heckin CRZs my dudes.
Hey my dude. If you sort the wiring to/from the switches, you can do it.

So the switches are the same part for 2013 Canadian model and 2016 US model

Switches

The Console trim pieces are also the same part number:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts