Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Its a 2011 ex. The drl led strip stays on for like 5 plus min after leaving the car which is annoying. Can't figure out how to change that. Must be the wiring. I will take some pics now in the RAIN! Lol

Heres a close up pic. That strip stays on too long. How can I disable it? New 2011 headlights cost twice as much as a new oem bumper which I am ordering soon as well or maybe the 2016 one. Thanks guys

Man, I thought OP was talking about these JDM headlights below ...
?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,949 Posts
Unfortunately you have something someone else wired which is not working like OEM. There is probably some timer circuit on them or it was wired into the interior light timer. Are they on the same amount of time as the dome lights? This will take you doing some investigation and harness restore to OEM. Good luck.

Its a 2011 ex. The drl led strip stays on for like 5 plus min after leaving the car which is annoying. Can't figure out how to change that. Must be the wiring. I will take some pics now in the RAIN! Lol

Heres a close up pic. That strip stays on too long. How can I disable it? New 2011 headlights cost twice as much as a new oem bumper which I am ordering soon as well or maybe the 2016 one. Thanks guys

?

·
Super Moderator
5,949 Posts
Redline Auto Parts - High Quality Used Car Parts for used
Honda Parts at Honda Parts Now | Genuine OEM Honda Auto Parts for new ( use to find part number then Google search for better prices)
and for bulbs only Automotive LED Replacement Bulbs & Lighting Upgrades
depending on year here is a good option RockAuto

Lens is glued to the capsule. It can be replaced using heat and a sealant but probably best to buy a used replacement.

Does anyone have a headlight lens, cover or bracket for the drivers side.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im interested but Im in california. Also I think the wiring would have to be changed out as well

Are the drls in the changeable options like the door locks, gauge lights, etc?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Im interested but Im in california. Also I think the wiring would have to be changed out as well

Are the drls in the changeable options like the door locks, gauge lights, etc?
Should join us at SoCal Honda CR-Z page on Facebook too !

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX Navi
18 Posts
Does anyone have a suggestion on which to upgrade the halogens on my 2011 to? HID or LED?

·
Super Moderator
5,949 Posts
Does anyone have a suggestion on which to upgrade the halogens on my 2011 to? HID or LED?
Ex or base? LEDs don’t work well at the DRL lower voltage and HIDs also don’t work well. Easiest is upgrading to better halogens or LEDs if you have the separate DRLs but others have better experience than I do.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX Navi
18 Posts
EX. Yeah I just read about the problem with the lower voltage LED's messing up the computer not recognizing the lower voltage. Oh well.

·
Super Moderator
5,949 Posts
It is not the computer just LEDs don't like low voltage they just won't work. I have a 2013 EX I have separate LED DRLs . I thought 2011 EXs already had HIDs for low beam and use the Halogen High beam at lower voltage as DRLs ? If that is the case then just get better Halogens and don't try to make high beam HID HID does not like fast on and off either.

EX. Yeah I just read about the problem with the lower voltage LED's messing up the computer not recognizing the lower voltage. Oh well.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX Navi
18 Posts
Funny, after 9+ years and I don't know if I have Halogens or HID. Time to research and go from there. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,949 Posts
2013 EX ( No Navigation) here HID low beam , Halogen High beam & LED DRL. I believe earlier years EX is HID low beam and Halogen high beam but High beam is run at a lower voltage to be DRL hence LEDs not working. But use a VIN Decoder and verify.
Funny, after 9+ years and I don't know if I have Halogens or HID. Time to research and go from there. Thanks.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX Navi
18 Posts
Yes, I checked the window sticker that I kept and I do have HID low beams and Halogen high beams.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts