Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a crz recently and it came with 2013 headlights. I do not like the led strip on the bottom of the headlights and prefer the 2011 ones. Anyone in the Seattle area wanna trade?!

·
Registered
559 Posts
I bought a crz recently and it came with jdm headlights. I do not like the led strip on the bottom of the headlights and prefer the usdm ones. Anyone in the Seattle area wanna trade?!
Pics of headlights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed the cost for replacement parts for this thing are into the stratosphere. Are the 2013+ lights the same as the jdm with that lower led strip? They look pretty much like the ones on that red hatch top of page

·
Registered
559 Posts
I noticed the cost for replacement parts for this thing are into the stratosphere. Are the 2013+ lights the same as the jdm with that lower led strip? They look pretty much like the ones on that red hatch top of page
The lights you are referring to are the new headlights in the 2013 EX and up. They have a LED strip on the bottom for the DRL. The 2011 EX headlights do not have that strip

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still down to trade for your new ones being that if they are 2011? If not, how do I deactivate that led portion of the light? The led strip stays on for like 5 min when i leave my car

·
Registered
559 Posts
It is just part of the car, if they are the ones I’m thinking of I’m ok to trade depending on condition. Like I said mine are new

·
Registered
559 Posts
That is a 2011. Weird that it came with them in the first place. If they are OEM I’ll take them

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts
With the LED strip you can use any headlights you want as low beam as the LED strip is the DRL. The 2011 headlights use the Low beam as the DRL and you cannot use LED headlights for instance. Is your car a 2011 Base or 2011 EX? Are low beams HIDs or are they Halogens?

I own a 2013 EX and like the LEDs as the DRLs but to each their own.

Used parts available here

·
Registered
556 Posts
Would these be direct plug in replacements for other Markets? If so anyone have good contacts in Japan?
Modifications will be required but there’s one person on IG who told me that it’s doable. He bought some other harnesses to retro fit everything. That way he didn’t need to cut into factory wires.

These lights are hard to find and expensive. Once a while, you will find these on Japanese online used part sites.

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts
I think I will just install the upgraded LEDs i bought for my factory housings and the new HIDs. But something cool to consider.

The OP has a car someone already did work to I hope the electrical changes were done the proper way and the wires are soldered and heat shrink-ed or at minimum good quality crimps.

Modifications will be required but there’s one person on IG who told me that it’s doable. He bought some other harnesses to retro fit everything. That way he didn’t need to cut into factory wires.

These lights are hard to find and expensive. Once a while, you will find these on Japanese online used part sites.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have the base headlights and will consider upgrading if opportunity arrives ...

I hope the wires were done right on OP’s car as well or better it’s modified to be plug-n-play... at least that’s what I would do in case I want to swap back to base headlights ...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts