Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone around here cares, but since i'm pretty sure i'm the first person to do this, I thought I would share... Even though it seems nobody here ever really pays much attention to anything I ever post.

I am LOVING the new look, and one of the best things about it is, its not grey, its BLACK!
Before & after.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I just got my diffuser replaced from being rear ended and wanted to do this but the part number for this and other certain parts doesn't show up on every site I've looked at chh, hondapartsunlimited, bernardi Honda now I'm mad i should have just asked the shop if they could get it. Well anyways it looks good

·
Registered
676 Posts
It looks ace, and I like it a lot. I can't wait to do this down the line.

Can you post pictures from further as well as other angles?

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts
Nice!
I'll bet it looks great from a distance, too. More pix appreciated.
Good contribution, Onlyest,

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's the list of parts you'll need to do this... (prices are dealer/MSRP)

71502-SZT-J00
diffuser, rr. bumper
$158.31

93913-14280
screw, tapping
4 @ $0.78 = $3.12

91501-S04-003
clip, inner
$1.42

This is the painted "molding" you'll need, depending on the color of your car.
(I did not list the part numbers of the new "Passion Berry Pearl" & "Polished Metal Metallic" colors)

71503-SZT-J00ZB
molding, rr. bumper diffuser *r81* Color: (MILANO RED)
$138.06

71503-SZT-J00ZE
molding, rr. bumper diffuser *nh731p* Color: (CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL)
$138.06

71503-SZT-J00ZF
molding, rr. bumper diffuser *nh624p* Color: (PREMIUM WHITE PEARL)
$138.06

71503-SZT-J00ZH
molding, rr. bumper diffuser *bg57p* Color: (NORTH SHORE BLUE PEARL)
$138.06

There is no unpainted molding available, so if you have a Storm Silver Metallic CR-Z, you'd have to order one of these colors and have it painted.

If you need the slugs for where the reflectors SHOULD be, they are the same parts as the 2011 & 2012 (except that they're black), so your existing Insight, JDM or aftermarket reflectors WILL fit the new diffuser...

71504-SZT-A10
garnish, r. rr. bumper diffuser
$15.12

71509-SZT-A10
garnish, l. rr. bumper diffuser
$15.12

Or you can order OEM Insight reflectors while you're at it...
33555-SZT-003
Left reflector
$40.59

33505-SZT-003
Right reflector
$40.59

You can reuse the 6 10mm trim clips from your existing diffuser, but If you want to order new ones...
91505-S9A-003
clip, bumper
$3.41 Each.

Here is the online parts listings for the 2013 CR-Z. Yes, all the parts are currently available... so you can build one yourself, but you can't buy one! lol
Honda online store : You are shopping for 2013 CR Parts Catalog (2013 CR Z 3 EX NV CVT)

Yes, the diffuser is a direct replacement, the bumper cover for the 2013 is identical to ours and all the mounting tabs and locations are identical also. I took me all of 20 mins to swap it out. I'll get some more pics as requested for you guys tomorrow.

·
Registered
169 Posts
@TheOnlyest: When you were installing this, did you notice whether there's a place in the diffuser for the 2013's rear view camera? I haven't been able to tell if the camera is installed in the bumper or the diffuser. If it is in the diffuser, then this mod would be a must for me.

Plus it looks so very cool.

·
CORRUPT
2,351 Posts
@TheOnlyest: When you were installing this, did you notice whether there's a place in the diffuser for the 2013's rear view camera? I haven't been able to tell if the camera is installed in the bumper or the diffuser. If it is in the diffuser, then this mod would be a must for me.

Plus it looks so very cool.
There's a spot for it on the bumper above the license plate. I installed the OEM JDM camera accessory on my USDM car in the thread linked below.

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/interior-ice-discussion/11491-cr-v-navigation-jdm-reverse-camera-accessory-usdm-cr-z.html#post156981

1 - 20 of 58 Posts