Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and couldn't find anything so sorry in advance if this thread was already started.

I just saw the commercial for this car and fell in love with the look of it. And then I went on the official website, and fell in love with everything else. I love this car but seen a few complaints about it. I am leaning on waiting on next year model (if they are making one), and I'm just curious on features you would like to see in it or improved from this year model.

My opinion (after only seeing pictures and reading reviews), I would like to see a 4 seat options which has seats built for adults. Maybe a sunroof option and maybe more power so it can go faster in the sport mode. One review said the navigation was dated (no traffic or weather information) Also, I keep reading about this huge blind spot. Otherwise, I just love this car. Just wondering what other features people would like to see.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have had my Z for a bit over a month. I wouldn't count on the 'blind spot' going away, if that is what you want to call it. The car does not have as complete a 360 degree view as other cars, but after a while, you get used to it.

I have the NAV system, and in all honesty, it is a bit dated. I would like to see real-time traffic and weather added to it. Plus the high update cost for yearly maps from Honda is unacceptable.

There is so much information generated by the car that a head's up display would be nice. Nothing fancy, but speed, turn signals, and some eco information displayed so you didn't have to glance down to see them.

I think 4 adult seats is not what this car is about. There are too many traditional sedans on the market. They have 4 seater models in other parts of the world, but the back seats are for children. If you're looking for 4 adult seats, then this isn't the car to consider.

A bigger motor would be nice, but that would cut into the mileage a bit. Though, I have heard reports that Honda is thinking of a model of the Z with a 150 hp engine and beefing up the electric motor to 50 hp for a total of 200 hp.

A glass sunroof would be nice. What I would rather see though is T tops. Nothing fancy or big. Big enough to toss them in the back and go. That would add to the sport look of the car and really get the wind in your hair.

sparrow

·
Registered
106 Posts
The blind spot is there. Adjust your mirrors, check in all directions, move your head a bit and it is fine. I do not notice it. Plus the car is so small. I keep parking about 4 feet away from where I want to be.

It isn't made for four adults. I can't even figure where they would go. I love that it is a two seater. Lots of people do not need four seats in a car. I have a 2003 Jeep Wrangler that I unclipped the rear seats from, a week after I got it. I put the bench back in *one* time so that I could have a third passenger. I still own the vehicle and I purchased it brand new. I threw the rear seats away a few years ago because they got chewed on in the shed. I'm the type of person that can conduct my life from the back of a motorcycle and there are a lot of people out there that are like that or can be like that if shown the door.

If you need four seats, get a four seater.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
2nd on the orange. More colors. Perhaps some of the features available in Europea like leather and sunroof. Seeing as how many of the early adopters around here spring for loaded EX w/Nav models I hope Honda will take notice and offer higher priced trim levels like an EX-L.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I can understand where everyone coming. With the 4 seater, I was thinking since they could make backseats for children, they could make one for adults but I didn't think about the added size. The orange paint would be nice. Very nice picture. T-top would be a nice idea, but some form of open top would be nice. After I wrote the post, I did see the rumor Type-R which would be perfect. I just hope it doesn't dramatic hurt the mileage.

And I really didn't know they had HUD display in cars already. That would be great idea. I hope they might include that in the rumor Type-R model.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had a '06 Accord Coupe prior to my CR-Z. Despite being a much larger car with decent backseats, even then they weren't great for adults.

IF they were to make the CR-Z have "adult-sized" backseats at the very best you could hope for is something like the back seats in the last generation of the Prelude. Having sat in those a few times, they aren't useful for anything more than a short trip.

·
Registered
176 Posts
48 hours and already I want:

More HP - willing to trade off "some" MPG for another 30 HP.
Better seats - power, leather, heated with more of a "wrap around" effect.
Upgrade of Navi display - www site shows a full color (almost 3 d effect) topographical display, reality is you get same plain jane display I got back in 2005 with my old Accord. Was expecting much better graphics.
More color selection - I took Silver but would have liked green or pewter that is available in Europe/Japan.

Traded in a 2007 Acura TSX with 85 K miles on verge of destruction (which used car appraiser missed). Did my shopping homework on the www and had a fudge factor price range I wanted. Dealer's first offer was $800 better than I expected. I pretended to think about it for a few minutes (to make him sweat), then pounced.

Still working my way through the first tank of gas so no report yet on mileage but the dash displays are moving in the right direction, LOL.

Got all the bells and whistles I wanted at a price $800 under what I was willing to settle for - I'm happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.