Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after researching the new 2012 HCH system, I came across this article. HybridCars.com achieved 68.7 through hypermiling techniques in the new 2012 HCH. I think this is pretty impressive. I would really like to see the numbers on the CR-Z if they implement this same system. I think part of the high mpg was the fact the the HCH has an EV mode that stops combustion completely at certain speeds. I'm unsure if the CR-Z has a EV mode. I've tried to trigger EV mode but when I check the battery to car and gas to car meter, the gas never seems to cut off.

HybridCars.com Gets 68.7 MPG in 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid | Hybrid Cars

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
after researching the new 2012 HCH system, I came across this article. HybridCars.com achieved 68.7 through hypermiling techniques in the new 2012 HCH. I think this is pretty impressive. I would really like to see the numbers on the CR-Z if they implement this same system. I think part of the high mpg was the fact the the HCH has an EV mode that stops combustion completely at certain speeds. I'm unsure if the CR-Z has a EV mode. I've tried to trigger EV mode but when I check the battery to car and gas to car meter, the gas never seems to cut off.

HybridCars.com Gets 68.7 MPG in 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid | Hybrid Cars
The CR-Z doesn't have EV mode. Auto-stop will kick in under certain speed while decelerating. The car can't use electric motor alone to accelerate.

I think another part of the high mpg factor is 2012 HCH's engine. It is a 1.5L 8-valve engine. After all it's still the engine consuming gasoline.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.