Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

** CHECK OUT OUR SISTER SITE FOR MORE DETAILS AND DISCUSSION - CIVIC 9 FORUM **

is on Honda's website now... thanks to member northbridge for bringing it to my attention :hi5:

The 2012 Honda Civic - Official Site
Honda said:
In this newly released sketch, the feeling of the new Civic is captured as energetic, sleek and aerodynamic. It's a preview for this upcoming concept vehicle, which will be shown at the 2011 North American International Auto Show in January. The production version of the ninth-generation Civic based on the revealed concept will go on sale in spring 2011.

To stay updated on the 2012 Civic as more details emerge, please enter your information to the right.
Honda PR said:
12/13/2010 - TORRANCE, Calif.

The styling direction of the next-generation Honda Civic will debut at the 2011 North American International Auto Show in January, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today.

The company released a sketch of the Civic Concept that conveys the sleek and aerodynamic profile of the show vehicle. The production version of the ninth-generation 2012 Civic based on the revealed concept will go on-sale in spring 2011. John Mendel, American Honda executive vice president of sales, will introduce the concept vehicle at a press conference, which will also be broadcast live via webcast on www.hondanews.com/live2011naias.
what are your thoughts/comments/concerns??

btw, here is the spy shot of the Civic Si Coupe...

** CHECK OUT OUR SISTER SITE FOR MORE DETAILS AND DISCUSSION - CIVIC 9 FORUM **

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eh, idk... going by the spy picture... the coupe looks largely similar to the current coupe... i mean they could've at least done something with some type of body line or groove or something... i think the front/rear got a little makeover as did the interior... but it's essentially an 8th-gen with some new goodies... i bet the chassis are still the same too :rolleyes:

·
Registered
803 Posts
This is why I dont know if they will make an awesome CRZ. Because then you have competition for the SI coupe.. which in reality is a two seater trunk. CRZ is a two seater hatch. I would love to see a turbo CRZ however I think honda would be killing there own market with the Civic Si. Since I would rather own the 200hp CRZ then a Civic SI. I owned and SI, and I would rather have a Hybrid CRZ. Which is where I am to date. Honda, just do us all a favor. Release a s2000 capable CRZ with modified handling and body to mid 25-30k. That way it will be a step above the Civic and give some tier to the lineup. just a pipedream.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The drawing looks nothing like the spy shot. Drawing looks more like the CR-Z, and nothing like something Honda would actually produce. The spy shot looks pretty dull IMO. A bit of the current Civic with an old Chevy Cavalier thrown in. Sad.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The drawing looks nothing like the spy shot. Drawing looks more like the CR-Z, and nothing like something Honda would actually produce. The spy shot looks pretty dull IMO. A bit of the current Civic with an old Chevy Cavalier thrown in. Sad.
you know they are trying to make it unrecognizable in those spy pic "outfits" --- im sure if they posted that drawing on the site they will end up similar to that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I do know

you know they are trying to make it unrecognizable in those spy pic "outfits" --- im sure if they posted that drawing on the site they will end up similar to that.
I know, but you can still tell there are hardly any interesting body curves, and the concept is all curves. Plus, the window situation at the side view mirror is odd. I bet the grill looks nice under all that, but it will not really hide that the car is very plainly shaped.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2006-2011 chassis code is FG1 for the Civic and FG2 for the Si Coupe... i bet this chassis code is FG3/4... in other words, they look identical... this is more like a MMC rather than a FMC...

with that... i'm more interested to see what's engine options will be offered when the car is shown in January... especially interested in the Si engine/specs... if it doesn't have an 8000rpm redline, then in MY book it's a fail :thumbdown:

·
Registered
26 Posts
This complicates things. If they have an SI with something close to 200hp and have some of the same stylings as the CR-Z I might be tricked into buying it. Maybe. If they had a 200 hp AND an electric motor I'd buy it instantly. :D :D

This is why I dont know if they will make an awesome CRZ. Because then you have competition for the SI coupe.. which in reality is a two seater trunk. CRZ is a two seater hatch. I would love to see a turbo CRZ however I think honda would be killing there own market with the Civic Si. Since I would rather own the 200hp CRZ then a Civic SI. I owned and SI, and I would rather have a Hybrid CRZ. Which is where I am to date. Honda, just do us all a favor. Release a s2000 capable CRZ with modified handling and body to mid 25-30k. That way it will be a step above the Civic and give some tier to the lineup. just a pipedream.
They've successfully sold a two seater SI with the exact same engine as a four seater SI for many years. In the 90's it was the CRX and Civic. Then they had the Del Sol and Civic. Once the Del Sol was discontinued they've only had the Civic. Then Honda went and discontinued the Prelude and then the RSX and I guarantee they're missing out on sales because of this.

Sure, the guys here on the CR-Z forum would rather have a 200 hp CRZ than Civic but that doesn't mean they'll never sell a Civic. Some people need and want a backseat but want the extra horsepower. Some don't. Having options isn't going to hurt Honda.

Could this be the 2012 Civic? - CleanMPG Forums

Pics of the 4dr model leaked, IMO i hate the rear end, looks corolla/sentra'ish
Fugly but still a bit "disguised". What is the deal with that terrible bar in the window? That is a design disaster. A lot of the car is covered in silver wrap and the bumpers can easily be changed before production.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.