Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

161 - 180 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Lol yes I did mean the side skirt ? the idea hit me in the middle of my lecture and I just haddd to say something quick.

Which side do you have? Take it off and store the boi for me if you can, you'll get my money when it's spring time/school year is done

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Just an update... I will NOT pull the handles off the doors. You can buy these from honda for $90. I'm not going to go through hours of hassle to make a couple bucks! Sorry guys!

Also, if you request a part.. I am not going to request a down payment. As I have pulled too many parts only for people to back out and not pay and not want the parts. Just too much hassle for me to be messing around.

Thanks all for understanding!

·
Super Moderator
5,949 Posts
The vehicle can be put on some two by Fours which will protect the ground. Most companies that move wrecks have dollies they use under them or other tools that make the vehicles roll. Same with any towing company. Look at any tow truck and you will see bolted to the tow truck things that have two small wheels these can be linked together with rods and are used to move the drive end of the vehicle when it is not working I have seen many disabled wheel less vehicles also moved using this tool.

Not sure of your living situation but if renting, your landlord may not appreciate the possible gouging of their pavement if your Z has to be dragged away instead of rolled.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Also, if you request a part.. I am not going to request a down payment...
Thanks all for understanding!
I don't think anyone can understand that line of logic. No down payment¿? ;P

But I will want to ask... And you can answer if you want but:

How much $$$$ have you recovered from your CRZ so far. Going through the topic, I've seen parts requested that I'd never think people would ask for.... Like ONE side of the side skirt only?! (if it's passenger side, swing me a pm for some $$ tho ;P )

As for the doorhandles, someone should really capitalize on this and make some durable latches... They'd make some cash :<

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
I don't think anyone can understand that line of logic. No down payment¿? ;P

But I will want to ask... And you can answer if you want but:

How much $$$$ have you recovered from your CRZ so far. Going through the topic, I've seen parts requested that I'd never think people would ask for.... Like ONE side of the side skirt only?! (if it's passenger side, swing me a pm for some $$ tho ;P )

As for the doorhandles, someone should really capitalize on this and make some durable latches... They'd make some cash :<
Yeah, in a way.. i wish i could have sold both the skirts together. But, oh well. I think I have the passenger side left, but, I can't remember. Its one of the sides!! LOL.

Still have lots left on the car, but, its a slow and painful process honestly.

·
Super Moderator
5,949 Posts
and in the end probably not worth your time or the money you got. At some point you just need to get rid of it. The more you take off of it if a wreck place was willing to take it the less chance they will if there are no saleable parts on it. It then becomes a disposal issue.

Yeah, in a way.. i wish i could have sold both the skirts together. But, oh well. I think I have the passenger side left, but, I can't remember. Its one of the sides!! LOL.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
and in the end probably not worth your time or the money you got. At some point you just need to get rid of it. The more you take off of it if a wreck place was willing to take it the less chance they will if there are no saleable parts on it. It then becomes a disposal issue.
Its 100 % going to be a disposal issue. Chances are, I will either have to get it on a trailer myself and bring it to a metal recycling place, or?? Maybe I can cut it into sections and do the same?

·
Super Moderator
5,949 Posts
Did you call salvage yards like I suggested way back at the beginning of this thread? Looked on line for places in your area that buy wrecks? Seen any signs on telephone poles looking for junk cars? If you have a salvage yard in your area call them.

Its 100 % going to be a disposal issue. Chances are, I will either have to get it on a trailer myself and bring it to a metal recycling place, or?? Maybe I can cut it into sections and do the same?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
If you do this, you'll have to remove the gas tank (not just empty it), batteries, coolant, etc... But cut it up and you can separate anything that's aluminum and get a slightly better price (some of the interior superstructure) for the aluminum...

·
Registered
6 Posts

How much for the tonneu cover in the back?

·
Registered
6 Posts
$100 shipped. Since really I would be giving you my nice one and keeping the semi scratched one.

Thanks!
Thank you for your quick response and the price is great, But the night I asked about the cover my little crz. It was stolen and found wrecked and stripped 2days later?. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
@KimberlyD11

Damn, that's terrible! Where are you based out of?

Good to know that these cars are now being targeted by thieves stripping parts off them. Wtf!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Removed drivers side headlight lens cover (ready to be shipped).

If anyone wants anything, now is the time to let me know. I will be out at the car tomorrow, and then not back out until next weekend.

Still have the passenger headlight in good condition (can sell the cover as well), tail lights, interior pieces, IMA battery, etc.
@KimberlyD11

Damn, that's terrible! Where are you based out of?

Good to know that these cars are now being targeted by thieves stripping parts off them. Wtf!
I'm in Rodeo, California near San Francisco. Well I got my car back after $1900 in tow yard fees. Not only was my car stolen I got screwed by the towing fees. My car was found in Oakland, Ca. Crashed. Airbag deployed driver headlight casing broke, mugen front bumper and grille bent but no frame damage. So the headlight works but anyone have one FS at decent price. (HiD)

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
I'm in Rodeo, California near San Francisco. Well I got my car back after $1900 in tow yard fees. Not only was my car stolen I got screwed by the towing fees. My car was found in Oakland, Ca. Crashed. Airbag deployed driver headlight casing broke, mugen front bumper and grille bent but no frame damage. So the headlight works but anyone have one FS at decent price. (HiD)
So are you going to try and fix the thing? Which side headlight you need?

I'm sorry to hear about all the damage, that seriously sucks. Fuck thieves!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes I'm going to slowly fix. I need the driver side headlight. I ordered a new mugen grille from Honda. I had a tow hook on the car and it seems to have taken most if the impact otherwise the hood hood radiator would be toast. The bumper is fixable. I cut airbag off for now.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Yes I'm going to slowly fix. I need the driver side headlight. I ordered a new mugen grille from Honda. I had a tow hook on the car and it seems to have taken most if the impact otherwise the hood hood radiator would be toast. The bumper is fixable. I cut airbag off for now.
You need any airbags? Which ones?

161 - 180 of 246 Posts