Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parting this car out. Ran it into a telephone pole. Front end is mostly junk.

Drivers side fender appears good. Both doors appear good. Glass is good. Etc...

Will ship within the US at cost.

Pickup in NH (PM me for location).

I'm not on here all the time, but if you email my username @ hotmail [dot] com, I will get it and reply quicker.

Let me know what you want and I'll let you know if I have it. Offer me a price and you may get it!!

If you want any larger items / items that are hard to get to.. I am going to require you paypal a deposit. That way I am not wasting my time pulling parts for people 'window shopping'.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump! Need to sell!!

Things I have pulled already:

Factory Subwoofer

Subwoofer plastic (for anyone with a base model looking to upgrade)

Headlights (passenger cracked, drivers has broken clips, but drivers lens is good.. i can pull lens and sell that as well. Or the projector stuff from inside)

Cargo cover

Rear Cargo cover
Spare tire, tools, foam
Battery

Looking to find this stuff a good home.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
emailed about window visors.
Got back to you!! Bump!!

Also just an FYI for everyone: the car is now located 45 minutes away from me. So I will using the weekends to pull any parts people want. Then I can ship them Monday.

So, make requests knowing that this stuff may take a few days to pull / ship.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I am interested in but not sure if I have money for the following items...

Gauge Cluster
Steering Wheel Lower Trim
Dash Trim near and including the passenger side tweeter

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Gauge Cluster
Are you talking about the little triangle piece with the tweeter in it?

Also, shoot me an offer for the stuff. Cluster I can definitely pull.

Steering wheel lower trim I can also pull. I'll add it to my list for this next weekend!!

·
Registered
431 Posts

I am not sure what kind of spare money I will have, I am having to forego the HPD Exhaust due to some unexpected household bills but I should know something more solid come Monday/Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That upper piece I have. My steering wheel plastic is also scratched.

I think a new steering wheel piece from honda is only like $35 too. The swap is simple. I suggest taping the plastic over with painters tape BEFORE putting the airbag in. The friggin airbag is what scratches these. Ask me how I know. :/

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ohh I remember the initial AirBag Recall thread, one of the main complaints when people got their cars back were these exact scratches.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ohh I remember the initial AirBag Recall thread, one of the main complaints when people got their cars back were these exact scratches.
Yeah, its because the airbag is awkward as hell. When you are putting it back in, the wiring doesn't want to fit right into the holes through the steering wheel, so you end up dropping the airbag forward and out of the wheel while trying to pull the wiring harness through and scratch your plastic. I just did it to mine this past weekend. Sucks!

If they had just put some simple tips in the instructions, all this could have been avoided. I suggest the following:

1. Tie some rope onto the airbag wiring harness. This will allow you to put it through the steering wheel and easily pull through.

2. Put painters tape over the plastic piece on the wheel.

Seriously.. had they put this, I bet they would have saved thousands in repairs. When they did the airbag on my original car.. they replaced the plastic too because they messed it up.

I may try and experiment with spray paint / 3m putty and see if I can fix one of my messed up ones. Just because, you think you could easily enough.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Gauge Cluster
So I tried to pull the plastic near the tweeters, and it appears that its part of the dash. No way to separate it.

Do you want the tweeters?

Also, I pulled the rear exhaust and that is ready to be shipped, as well as the overhead lights that were requested.

·
Registered
431 Posts
No I dont need the actual tweeters, was just wanting to get rid of the gouges in the plastics around there. All in all it isnt that big of a deal though, thanks anyways.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No I dont need the actual tweeters, was just wanting to get rid of the gouges in the plastics around there. All in all it isnt that big of a deal though, thanks anyways.
I am going to check the FSM and make sure there isn't some way to remove it. I looked at it quite hard when I was trying to pull it.. and it looks to be 1 piece with the dash itself. I could be wrong though. Its hard getting in there regardless because of the limited space.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts