Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone keeping up with the 2011 F1 season?

Since watching how crazy the Shanghai race was I can't wait till the Turkey race...

I wonder is it possible to modify our cars so we can use the charge as "boost" like the KERS system in the F1 cars.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Deep down I am a Hamilton fan, but truly I love the drama that comes from enduring the pressure at the top of the sport. Whether it is the pressure of driving for Ferrari who expect results, to that which comes from being a world champion, which means you should not be beaten by anyone. It is all great!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have not yet seen the Senna documentary.

I became an avid F1 fan in the mid 80's routing for Mansell, the eternal underdog and Prost the professor. Along came Senna and he had real talent. I hated him as the competition because I knew he was the best qualifier and would do anything to win. It made it fun and interesting routing against Senna and talking trash with my F1 friends who idolized him.

Watching the race he died, I immediately said to my wife, "Senna has become immortal. He will be eternally remembered as the best ever and I think that is all that he would have ever wanted."

It was kind of destiny that he die in the way he did. He was the best and I hated him for it. Michael Schumacher picked up where Senna left off and rewrote the record book, but Senna will always be remembered as the best.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amen to that!!

I started watching F1 right after the 2010 season ended. Schumacher is still one of my favorite drivers but in my opinion he should have stayed retired, even though he's still fast too many younger and faster drivers are popping out. Kinda sucks seeing him from always hitting pole and now hes started back of the pack.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I watch it. Actually, I have it going on the tv while I do something else since rarely does anything interesting happen after the first couple of laps. There were a few passes later in the race and it was kind of interesting with a couple of laps left, but like most F1 races, not much passing going on. It is better this year, but when the 4th place car finishes 40 seconds behind the leader and 7th is over a minute behind, well...

2011 Turkey GP: Formula One Race Results
Pos No Driver Team Laps Time/Retired Grid Pts
1 1 Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault 58 Winner 1 25
2 2 Mark Webber RBR-Renault 58 +8.8 secs 2 18
3 5 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 58 +10.0 secs 5 15
4 3 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 58 +40.2 secs 4 12
5 8 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 58 +47.5 secs 3 10
6 4 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 58 +59.4 secs 6 8
7 9 Nick Heidfeld Renault 58 +60.8 secs 9 6
8 10 Vitaly Petrov Renault 58 +68.1 secs 7 4
9 18 Sebastien Buemi STR-Ferrari 58 +69.3 secs 16 2
10 16 Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 58 +78.0 secs 24 1

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sweeet!! Omg i live that stuff its cool to see. The only racing i saw was indie cars an rally back in europe many years ago i was so happy to see it, i remember like ut was yesterday
If you can't wait till it hits US soil go check it out in Montreal this June. It's like killing two birds as you can check out the city and watch the race. I've done it 3 times already and it's great!!. Do this before the new engine is implemented for 2013.

I was there when it was a V10 and V8, the sound is amazing, and nothing like what you hear on tv. If you do decide to go, I can give you some tips to make it more enjoyable.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hahaah what kind of tips?
A couple of tips is to head to Montreal on Weds.
Early Thurs morning, the teams is setting up the cars.
The track will be open to the public to see the garages.
You get to see the mechanics working on the cars.
You'll meet the drivers as they are walking the track.
Some come out of the garage to autograph.
I have a autographed pit shirt from Sato when he was racing for Super Aguiri.

Tip two, hotels are extremely expensive for that weekend.
You don't have to get ones that are close to the track.
So if you find a deal that far away, most important is make sure there's a subway
by the hotel, it's very efficient subway system there and to get to the track which is on an island, you'll have to use it anyways.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I like to watch F1 and the drivers and cars are AMAZING!!! However, the "racing' isn't all that exciting after the first few laps. I will continue to watch and it has gotten better with the changes this year and last, but I still think there is a ways to go to get exciting.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.