Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
If you love your crz and the IMA motor is fine but the pack goes bad, it may be impractical but you could replace the boot battery with a new set of reconditioned cells based on the same tech. similar to how its done for this prius
no ones done it yet though, and its not exactly a safe or easy DIY job.

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
97 Posts
Other members have replaced the DC to DC converter and they have also replaced the IPU fan. No member here has had to replace the battery yet. One member disposed of their CR-Z when they were quoted over $3k before diagnosis to repair the issues. In that case we have no idea what the issue was. By the time either of us needs a battery or other IMA parts there maybe 3rd party replacements available or by that point I may need something different. There have also been many K-Swaps so those batteries were available used and Redline sells them. Upgrading between technologies seems like a lot of work not impossible but you need a lot of knowledge I don't have to do it.
I don't want k-swap, for me hybrid is the best part of the car. The only swap I could consider would be full electric :D

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
I Mentioned that others had done that so their former battery packs were available used to buy from them or to be given to a member who needed them to replace their failed battery. I thought I was clear in what you quoted.

I don't want k-swap, for me hybrid is the best part of the car. The only swap I could consider would be full electric :D

21 - 23 of 23 Posts