Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am currently in the process of swapping out the stock headunit on a 2010 JDM CRZ to an Android unit.

Audio equipment Gas Gadget Electronic device Television

I am having issues trying to figure out what connectors do what from the stock unit.

Electronic instrument Audio equipment Gadget Vehicle Electronic engineering

So far this is what I've figured out from tracing wires and unplugging connections to see what changes:
1. Not Connected
2. Unknown
3. GPS/mobile antenna?
4. Unknown, but if unplugged system doesn't work
5. GPS/mobile antenna?
6. Jap sim connection (sim unit connects in area under headunit)
7. Reversing camera? Unplugged no image but still in reversing mode
8. Main connector (speakers, steering wheel controls, etc)
9. RCA (red, white, yellow video connector located in area under headunit)
10. USB Controller
11. Radio antenna

Any information on the connections, or if I have some of them incorrect, would be very helpful.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Let me know how this turns out. I looked at that one but am not sure about how the quality would look.
Hello,

I am currently in the process of swapping out the stock headunit on a 2010 JDM CRZ to an Android unit.

View attachment 65369

I am having issues trying to figure out what connectors do what from the stock unit.

View attachment 65371

So far this is what I've figured out from tracing wires and unplugging connections to see what changes:
1. Not Connected
2. Unknown
3. GPS/mobile antenna?
4. Unknown, but if unplugged system doesn't work
5. GPS/mobile antenna?
6. Jap sim connection (sim unit connects in area under headunit)
7. Reversing camera? Unplugged no image but still in reversing mode
8. Main connector (speakers, steering wheel controls, etc)
9. RCA (red, white, yellow video connector located in area under headunit)
10. USB Controller
11. Radio antenna

Any information on the connections, or if I have some of them incorrect, would be very helpful.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me know how this turns out. I looked at that one but am not sure about how the quality would look.
The quality is fine, I got the T900 6GB 128GB version (it may be called something else by other vendors) although that was probably overkill as I mostly use Android Auto. The shrowd it comes with is good quality wise aswell, I haven't had any extra rattling and it's relatively solid plastic.

I have a few installation issues though:
If you have the red JDM hazard switch you have to do a little work to get it in
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Wood

Removing the standoff in red and filling the edges to get it to screw into green and yellow.
Automotive lighting Product Motor vehicle Trunk Vehicle door

I am also yet to figure out how to attach the reversing camera (from the factory), as the camera input on the new headunit is RCA.

I also am yet to figure out if I can get the call and back steering wheel buttons to work (the mode, volume and channel are easily programmed)

I also don't have the FM antenna attached as the antenna connectors don't match
Car ariel connector:
Finger Thumb Nail Engineering Auto part

Replacement head unit connector
Hand Purple Finger Nail Wrist

And here is how it looks
Car Speedometer Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle

Speedometer Vehicle Gear shift Car Trip computer

·
Registered
3 Posts
what site did you buy yours off of? I can only find the 2gb ones. I’m looking for one in LHD but I doubt it would change much between LHD and RHD.
The quality is fine, I got the T900 6GB 128GB version (it may be called something else by other vendors) although that was probably overkill as I mostly use Android Auto. The shrowd it comes with is good quality wise aswell, I haven't had any extra rattling and it's relatively solid plastic.

I have a few installation issues though:
If you have the red JDM hazard switch you have to do a little work to get it in
View attachment 65600
Removing the standoff in red and filling the edges to get it to screw into green and yellow.
View attachment 65599

I am also yet to figure out how to attach the reversing camera (from the factory), as the camera input on the new headunit is RCA.

I also am yet to figure out if I can get the call and back steering wheel buttons to work (the mode, volume and channel are easily programmed)

I also don't have the FM antenna attached as the antenna connectors don't match
Car ariel connector:
View attachment 65602
Replacement head unit connector
View attachment 65601

And here is how it looks
View attachment 65604
View attachment 65603

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what site did you buy yours off of? I can only find the 2gb ones. I’m looking for one in LHD but I doubt it would change much between LHD and RHD.
I got mine off AliExpress, yeah the only thing that changes is the shroud ... It's actually better for LHD as the capacitive buttons are on the left side of the screen. It also came with loads of extras like a camera, 4G antenna + sim and GPS antenna, but all I really use is Android Auto so not really useful to me as it uses the phones antennas.
€ 130,07 47%OFF | EKIY 1280*720 IPS Autoradio Android 10 For Honda CRZ CR-Z RHD LHD Car Radio Multimedia Video Player GPS Navigation no 2 din 2din

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, how it works?
All the old functions and speakers are working with the new system?
Thanks a lot
It works fine, with the 4 main speakers working as far as I can tell. My car doesn't have the subwoofer and I'm not sure how I would tell if the tweeters under the windscreen are working, but it sounds good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It works fine, with the 4 main speakers working as far as I can tell. My car doesn't have the subwoofer and I'm not sure how I would tell if the tweeters under the windscreen are working, but it sounds good.
I have the same radioI removed it but can’t figure out how to use back the factory reverse camera and steering wheel control could you help me figure this out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have the same radioI removed it but can’t figure out how to use back the factory reverse camera and steering wheel control could you help me figure this out
I also have not gotten the backup camera working yet. What has to be done it's find the camera signal wires (located on one of the unplugged harness connections, from what I have seen from other Honda posts it is possibly the connector that goes into socket numbered 4 or 7 in my initial post) for the camera and feed them into the correct locations eg the video feed will have to be converted to a single RCA connector and the reverse signal will also have to be fed in somehow.

This image provided by the seller probably explains it quite well
Circuit component Hardware programmer Audio equipment Electrical wiring Electronic engineering

There may be a converter wiring harness to do this, something like this (except wired to take the existing signal and output it to a male RCA connection):
€ 12,21 22%OFF | 14 Pin Adapter Cable For Honda CR-V CRV 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 / RCA Rear Reverse Camera Into Car Original Video Input Plug

On steering wheel controls there should be something under settings to set steering wheel controls, I was only able to program the mode, vol +/- and channel +/- buttons and am yet to see about getting the other buttons in the lower left of the steering wheel to function. But I think those buttons may also be on a connector which is currently unplugged from the system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Thanks to the OP for posting this thread - came across it from a Google Image search as I am currently changing my 2010 Honda Stream head unit and the rear image of mine and the unit is this thread is identical. Did anyone ever work out if the reversing camera connects to port #4, or #7 in the OP's image? Also, did the steering wheel controls that could be mapped on the new unit originally plug into port #8 (main power/speaker wiring loom) or into a different port on the original head unit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts