Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Registered
CRZ
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I hadnt even spotted those holes needed bolts... The more you know. Would this tell me then its been opened already and somethings been changed out I guess.
What a pain.

Registered
CRZ
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
The gromit is there.. but not in situ. Yeh id agree with it looking like a rough repair now that iv actually looked at it.

Such a pain in the ass. I cant imagine ever buying a hybrid / electric car again. Can buy an entire MX5 for the price Honda will take to fix this mess. If they ever decided to actually fix it..

I will say for anyone reading this from Aberdeen. Avoid that Honda garage.

Registered
CRZ
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Don't blame the car, blame whoever screwed it up.
Yeah fair point. It seems as if the hybrid battery has a life span of 100k? Some threads on here say otherwise, if that is the case though, that isnt ideal? Mine being just over that.

The car its self is fine.. (minus the rubbish door handle design). However this hybrid tech doesnt do it for me personally. Im not into this electric go green push.

Registered
Mine is at 168,650Km now. And here is a pic of it's IMA battery health >
View attachment 67337
I am pretty sure that bar shows the current state of charge, which is corrected to the battery鈥檚 useable capacity. So if the useable capacity (a.k.a. battery health) is at 30% for example, the bar can still show 鈥榝ull鈥 if the state of charge is high/full. If you want to know the actual useable capacity, you need an HDS or OBD2 dongle/reader.

IMA Enthusiast
I am pretty sure that bar shows the current state of charge, which is corrected to the battery鈥檚 useable capacity. So if the useable capacity (a.k.a. battery health) is at 30% for example, the bar can still show 鈥榝ull鈥 if the state of charge is high/full. If you want to know the actual useable capacity, you need an HDS or OBD2 dongle/reader.
Correct. The speed the dash SOC bars go up and down under assist/regen is more telling.
The faster they go up/down the less useable capacity you actually have.

Registered
CRZ
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Mine just goes one down and one up... am I to get worried? It is my daily driver.
Maybe dont need to be as worried as me.. Mine goes from empty to full in one second, then empty again despite charging... and it 'was' my daily... Still not sure how to progress with this. Just left it for now.

Registered
CRZ
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
No further. Watched a few (3) videos. Car has sat ever since and Iv been using my house mates Toyota Mark X 250G (Which is such an amazing car) to get to work.

Thinking on just buying a battery off ebay and swapping it out myself and maybe getting shot of the car. Havent got the energy (excuse the pun) to be spending on this. Got a house move on the go and changing jobs so got alot on atm.

The G Shock is a GA-100, Also got a GA-700 and a GA-710. Bad ass watchs. Don't do a rolex. :p

Registered
CRZ
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
So..

Buy something like this? 2010 HONDA CRZ EV/Hybrid High Voltage Battery 1N00RTW0001 | eBay

Wear rubber gloves
Disconnect the 12v
Flip the breaker on the hybrid battery
Let it discharge and check its empty
Unbolt the + and - lines
Remove it
Refit replacement
Bolt up lines
Flip the switch
Re attach the 12v

Jobs a good un?? All my interior is out already. I seen some comments on having to do some kinda reset with a fancy OBD2 thing?? If I get one from another 2010 im assuming its plug n play?

IMA Enthusiast
That may work right out of the box but for best results.......

1) You should cycle the pack before fitting and using it. (Follow my procedure on here re this.)
We have no idea how long it has been sat or how unbalanced it is.
If you don't and just bung it in it's like you laying on the sofa after a very heavy sunday lunch dozing and someone kicking you in the kna***ers and shouting jump to it get the housework done.

2) You may well need to perform the IMA rotor relearn procedure using an HDS.
But you could swap your old MCM (silver box) into this new pack to avoid having to do this.

Registered
CRZ
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Is it your relpy on this thread or did you make a seperate thread regarding the cycle?

I will swap the old MCM over I think to save from doing that relearn i think.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts