Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do you do to put that kind of mileage on your car? I have gone cross country twice with mine
Um, nothing exciting. LOL. I think the longest trip we've taken is ~100 miles each way. My husband and I share 1 car though & commute ~30-100+ miles/day.

Technically we bought the car with ~250 miles on it; we hit 20,250+ yesterday (3/13)...so we can now say WE put 20k+ miles on it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Congrats!! Just curious if you noticed improvement in mileage since you've had the car. I'm at 4.5k now and I think I've noticed a distinct improvement in mileage in the last 1k or so. Managed 42 mpg on 500 mi road trip this past weekend mostly in sport (previous same trip about 38-39mpg). I have 6mt.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats!! Just curious if you noticed improvement in mileage since you've had the car. I'm at 4.5k now and I think I've noticed a distinct improvement in mileage in the last 1k or so. Managed 42 mpg on 500 mi road trip this past weekend mostly in sport (previous same trip about 38-39mpg). I have 6mt.
We have the CVT version, and our gas mileage has actually gone down the last few months (from ~38-39 to ~33-34 mpg), BUT there are a number of reasons (I think):
-snow tires
-change in driving habits (same # of miles/day, but at different times, and with different traffic patterns it really effects average speed & amount of time sitting at lights or in traffic)
-more idling the car at drive-thrus for ATMs & fast food in winter (too cold to get out of the car, or don't want to walk on ice/snow); or when scraping/shoveling out the car in the snow/ice
-live in a state that requires "winter blend" gasoline to be sold (which is slightly less efficient)
-running more heat/air conditioning (to defrost windows, etc)

So I'm hoping/expecting it to increase a bit again in the spring/summer months. I already noticed that one of our more recent tanks of gas we actually got 37 mpg...feel free to check out our mileage/gas records via the fuelly badge/link in my signature below.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My husband says we're "cost averaging down the price of Sherman."
I say we're setting ourselves up to have the fastest-depreciating-CRZ-that-hasn't-yet-been-in-a-collision! :woowoo:

Hahaha...it's all good though.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.