Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have been keeping an eye out for what to buy next year (since i won't be upgrading until Spring 2012, I want to use up the stock tires a bit since I have em...)

What I'm looking for is 17" rims in a Graphite, Gunmetal or other dark grey type color.

i stumbled on this while searching on a wheel vendor site:

I originally wanted to go with OZ Ultraleggerra in Graphite but apparently they don't sell anymore? or maybe i have to special order them cus the website didn't have a price or "buy" option when on those rims.

anyone have any other recommendations that this website i visited might not have?

also what are your thoughts on these 2 rims?

· Registered
666 Posts
I'm ordering Drag DS-9's in gloss gunmetal with a polished lip NEXT WEEK. They are basically a Volk CE-28 replica, only weigh 2 lbs over stock, and all together with Yokohama Avid Envigor Tires is like $1,130 ou the door for 17" with 215/45/17. 560 treadwear rating, too! 560!

That price is mounted, balanced with black locking tuner lugs and road hazard warranty through discounttiredirect.com--and they're shipping them for free.

My son is ordering rims/tires for his PWP CR-Z the same day next week. He's going with 17" Sparco Assetto Gara's in Bronze. Same tires I'm getting. All inclusive, the price with shipping is like $1,300.

· Registered
6 Posts
I think OZ Superleggera are one of the best wheels for the CR-Z, especially in gunmetal color.

Anyway, there are also these Sparco new model called "Assetto Gara"! I think they're great! The colors are black and bronze. Here they are:

What do you think?

· Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think if you put a 20 lb. wheel on a cr-z it's going to need a push.
instead of just insulting my choice, maybe you could've offered a suggestion? as far as i can find, the Sparco and OZ listed above are the only 2 dark silver (gray) 17" rims under 20lbs that fit our car.

on a side note, do we have TPMS on our cars? I'm assuming no but just want to be sure.

· Registered
2,488 Posts
we do have TPMS and you can re-use the stock sensors. you can have them reprogrammed by the dealer when you get the new wheels or buy a tool to program them yourself.

I'd recomend good condition used wheels. I love car forums so i browse all the honda ones so i see good deals on Volks etc pop up from time to time. Sorry im not more specific but if you watch you can find some good deals.

· Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well im still gonna use the stock rims for winter tires so i'd need new sensors with these rims. Tire Rack has them and i saw the option on the site i just wasnt sure if we had it on our car.

i knew there was an option for a device to read it with the Mugen stuff in japan but i thought it also had the sensors included meaning it didnt come stock.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.